Malojian

Malojian

Postby Eddie Walsh on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:00 pm

This guy and his band supported TFC in Dublin last December. He's putting out another new record and our boy Gerry played on it.

https://malojian.bandcamp.com/album/let ... y-you-home

https://www.facebook.com/Malojian/posts/987127034723682
"with your eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline"
Eddie Walsh
chorizo
chorizo

Re: Malojian

Postby Eddie Walsh on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:31 pm

From Gerry's facebook feed:

Malojian opened for Teenage Fanclub in Dublin at the end of last year.
Out of the blue, a few months ago, Stevie got in touch asking if I would play some bass on a couple of songs and maybe sing a line or two on a new album he was making. The album is now all set and ready to go, “Let Your Weirdness Carry You Home” is out October 6th. It’s a lovely collection of songs, smart ideas, strong arrangements, featuring a wide array of musicians; the great Joey Waronker on drums.
You should check it out. https://malojian.bandcamp.com/album/let ... y-you-home

https://youtu.be/oG_xKWZSQPo
Eddie Walsh
chorizo
chorizo

Postby bluflower on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:49 am

I saved the link to listen to later and only got to it on Monday evening.
It's lovely. I went ahead and ended up going down a rabbit hole of finding more about them and ended up watching a video on youtube documenting their visit to record in Chicago with Steve Albini a few years back. It very much put me on a night of nostalgia thinking of all my Belfast friends and times at the pub in Atlantic City when it was filled with Irish students all summer. Plus the times I've had the pleasure of being in the studio while friends record (mostly late and overnight sessions due to it being cheaper!)

I missed learning about them before now, but within Monday evening into Tuesday morning, I'm now friends with Stevie on facebook, played an older song on my radio show Tuesday morning and he's going to send me some digital files of the new music!

so much music, so little time to absorb it all!
:D
without music, I'd be dead.

http://www.facebook.com/spincycleshow/
Spin Cycle on the air at WERA, wera.fm every Tuesday 10am-Noon EST
bluflower
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Eddie Walsh on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Stevie is right up there with the TFC guys in the nice stakes. I have posted a few times here about him including the Chicago thing. Stevie has told me that the first song he played live on stage was Gerry's Starsign. His Southlands record is a gem as is his first one The Deers Cry. But this new one is the mutts nuts.
Eddie Walsh
chorizo
chorizo

Postby bluflower on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Eddie Walsh wrote:Stevie is right up there with the TFC guys in the nice stakes. I have posted a few times here about him including the Chicago thing. Stevie has told me that the first song he played live on stage was Gerry's Starsign. His Southlands record is a gem as is his first one The Deers Cry. But this new one is the mutts nuts.

I stop in to the board when I can. I'm glad I finally got connected with his music! I can barely keep up with day to day life, so online life and messages are a bit difficult to manage as well. Sometimes I feel like the world is moving in hyper-speed and I'm holding on the edge with my fingertips! These days I consider it a successful day if I've managed to feed myself a meal or two while working insane hours! so my apologies if I missed all that when you posted it before! I can now join in with the good word about the music you've been sharing!

bluflower
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Eddie Walsh on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi bluflower. It seems we live in similar worlds. Hope you don't think I was having a pop about the Chicago thing, that wasn't my intention. I was just saying that I had mentioned it before and thought that folks here would like it. The important thing is you do like it which I'm delighted about. Enjoy the music and investigate his other stuff, it's great.
Eddie Walsh
chorizo
chorizo

Postby tarastew on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:01 am

That new track Ambulance Song sounds like Harry Nilsson back from the dead. Eerie.
tarastew
chipolata
chipolata

Postby bluflower on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:12 am

Eddie Walsh wrote:Hi bluflower. It seems we live in similar worlds. Hope you don't think I was having a pop about the Chicago thing, that wasn't my intention. I was just saying that I had mentioned it before and thought that folks here would like it. The important thing is you do like it which I'm delighted about. Enjoy the music and investigate his other stuff, it's great.

no worries! In the past year, I haven't been able to keep up with anything, but I have moments here and there when i'm able to pop in briefly...whether here, facebook, twitter, etc. in addition, I've been making a concentrated effort to put tech away and be present in the moments I'm in with people and places.

I do wish I could read all the posts about all the music!
And I wish I could listen to even more. Since launching our radio station, it's a bit ironic that I don't get to listen intently to music as much as I used to at work. Mainly due to the fact that I have to keep an ear out for issues with the broadcast signal AND to our DJs who are of varying levels of technical skill....never mind the insane age range! our youngest DJ started at age 12 (she's 13 now) and I believe our eldest DJ is in his early 80s?!

But Stevie sent me 2 songs today and soon, the WERA.fm listeners will get to hear them!!

sadly, I've been so busy with work lately that it appears I've missed an opportunity to promote, possibly chat and see Trashcan Sinatras, who are starting their US tour here in Northern VA on Wednesday.

bluflower
hot dog
hot dog

Return to Message Board