Any Steely Dan fans?

Any Steely Dan fans?

Postby Nicene Creeder on Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:21 am

And not just those of the dildo in Naked Lunch.

They had some really good songs (Do It Again, My Old School, Rikki Don't Lose That Number, Reelin In The Years, Peg), and an equal number of catchy songs, but in general I find them too NY funky/jazzy, a style which for some reason makes me anxious (I sense muscle tension in shoulders, neck and arms). Their bass, keyboard and drum beats and the pace of their songs as well as their vocal style puts me off. I can't get into them.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Re: Any Steely Dan fans?

Postby Rosario FC on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Nicene Creeder wrote:And not just those of the dildo in Naked Lunch.

They had some really good songs (Do It Again, My Old School, Rikki Don't Lose That Number, Reelin In The Years, Peg), and an equal number of catchy songs, but in general I find them too NY funky/jazzy, a style which for some reason makes me anxious (I sense muscle tension in shoulders, neck and arms). Their bass, keyboard and drum beats and the pace of their songs as well as their vocal style puts me off. I can't get into them.

Do you feel like you should like them?

Do you feel guilt at not liking them? If so, is the guilt easier to deal with than the anxiety of listening to them?

curious.....
absolute belters they cunts
Rosario FC
pepperoni
pepperoni

Re: Any Steely Dan fans?

Postby Kowaldoc on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:23 am

Rosario FC wrote:
Nicene Creeder wrote:And not just those of the dildo in Naked Lunch.

Do you feel like you should like them?

Do you feel guilt at not liking them? If so, is the guilt easier to deal with than the anxiety of listening to them?

curious.....

Same old Barry! Ha ha ha
Kowaldoc
currywurst
currywurst

Return to Message Board