Today I.....

Re: Today I.....

Postby Bumpy Dog on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:33 am

Devotchik wrote:Today my dad rang me twice to see how I was. A simple enough act you might think but thats the first time he's ever done that! He knows I'm feeling low. Feels really nice to have that support. :mrgreen:

Good old dad. Hope you pick-up soon. x
Bumpy Dog
currywurst
currywurst

Postby bluflower on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:49 am

I am very much back to reality and it's quite brutal.

Yesterday had me awake 21 hours or so and right into the thick of it at the WERA party. despite being exhausted, was rewarding in itself in seeing all that's been accomplished in the first year of radio. Meeting up with so many local radio producers who've joined us this past year as well as new listeners made it great.

Was supposed to have today off to recover, but am already being pulled in 5 different directions between work and family in NJ.

I've so much to process from my visit to Glasgow, but a quick summary is that it's exactly what I needed: time away from all the daily demands of life at the moment. I met so many people for the first time (yet felt like old friends) and met up with others I haven't seen for a few years. There just wasn't enough time. and it only means I'll have to come back again very soon. It was wonderful to see many of you! I'll have photos and words to share soon, I hope. Still need to get my thoughts wrapped around the US tour dates as well. But I had a lovely time, staying in a flat that gave me a ghostly encounter the final night in Glasgow! It was freaky!

I did speak with my Dad just a little bit ago, so it was good to hear his voice, but he's very confused and anxious. My sister and my Mom have been taking care of everything. Hoping to get away Friday for a day or two to sort out his care and find us some more help.

For now, I'm off to work, in a jet lagged daze.

xo,
lauree
without music, I'd be dead.

http://www.facebook.com/spincycleshow/
Spin Cycle on the air at WERA, wera.fm every Tuesday 10am-Noon EST
bluflower
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Devotchik on Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:15 am

Today, well to be precise this morning I got the idea to make fish teriyaki for my lunch at work. Really really got in to it and had it ready by 8.30am and then I decided that I didn't really want it and made some ham sandwiches instead. Was on a bit of a manic thing this morning you see.. I have been taking anti-depressants and have been on a phased return to work since last week when I broke down in tears in the doctors surgery after having spent an hour in the bath that morning in floods of near unstoppable tears for no logical reason - but then emotions are not logical. I'm also doing a therapy group thing for anxiety cos that's the major problem. Panic attacks and shit going in to work. Fun. Real fun. So yeah I've finally agreed to take pills for my unstable moods. There's always stigma and shite but I've learnt that things won't change unless you take action so I lay my soul bare every now and again cos like it's a fucking horrible thing to suffer with. But I'm ok. Just fucking tired of feeling mental, paranoid and getting palpatations every time I leave the fucking flat.
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Ruthiepoos on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:51 am

Devotchik wrote:Today, well to be precise this morning I got the idea to make fish teriyaki for my lunch at work. Really really got in to it and had it ready by 8.30am and then I decided that I didn't really want it and made some ham sandwiches instead. Was on a bit of a manic thing this morning you see.. I have been taking anti-depressants and have been on a phased return to work since last week when I broke down in tears in the doctors surgery after having spent an hour in the bath that morning in floods of near unstoppable tears for no logical reason - but then emotions are not logical. I'm also doing a therapy group thing for anxiety cos that's the major problem. Panic attacks and shit going in to work. Fun. Real fun. So yeah I've finally agreed to take pills for my unstable moods. There's always stigma and shite but I've learnt that things won't change unless you take action so I lay my soul bare every now and again cos like it's a fucking horrible thing to suffer with. But I'm ok. Just fucking tired of feeling mental, paranoid and getting palpatations every time I leave the fucking flat.

I hope things calm down for you. It just sounds horrid right now. You deserve some peace xxx
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Devotchik on Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Ruthiepoos wrote:
I hope things calm down for you. It just sounds horrid right now. You deserve some peace xxx

Thanks. It has. :)
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Charlotte on Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Today I thought I'd check in with the old TFC gang : )
Howdy!
It's been a while!
Charlotte
chorizo
chorizo

Postby Devotchik on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:22 am

Gosh golly.. board down fer a bit, eh.. :o
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:49 am

Long time.

Today I will be trying to find a new car. Elliott's brakes failed on the way to work on Tuesday and they found a bunch of other stuff that would cost more than the value of the car to fix. I've been saving for this day for ages, but it's sad.

Hope everyone's ok xxx
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby karen chicago on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:15 am

to: Messageboard tech-wizard - thank-you.
While missing the board thinking I'll try to post more to keep it alive.

Today: Third day this week monitoring my Mother's garage demolition.
She lives 2 miles from me and I ride my bike to and from.
Long over due most was rotted out but the hardest was to remove
my Father's accumulation of "stuff" - he should have cleaned it out and
had a new one built 15 yrs ago. He's been gone 4 years and I think we kept the
"goodstuff" to put back in the new garage.

Listened to the SoundCloud with Norman and Ryley Walker & the
iPlayer BBC Radio 6 Marc Riley F is for Falling Out, Fire Engines and Factory.
Got in the post from Monorail my vinyl Lp by The Sexual Objects new one Marshmallow. (YEAH!)

Tomorrow: the 40th Reunion of the first night of the first Punk Rock Club
in Chicago opened. La Mere Vipere - technically I was to young 18
my husband was a regular and he will be one of the dj's tomorrow.
He has alot of punk 45's from '76-80. The club "accidentally" burned down
a year later. Here's a link. http://interactive.wttw.com/remembering-chicago/punk
the dance floor will be filled with many average age 60 pogoing and skanking
kinda scary - hopefully there is a defibrillator near by.
(I'm not selling out my imagination, I'm a citizen of the human nation)
karen chicago
chipolata
chipolata

Postby neiljungfan on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:32 am

Today I...wake up at 6 in the morning to pick up my son (his first drunkeness...to my knowledge), and while preparing seafood for a paella I've chequed this message board like I've done every day...and it works :D :D :D

Welcome back.

Saludos,
Mariano
Live music is better
neiljungfan
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Devotchik on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:23 am

I bought a book on Shelley (not the TV detective but the poet) big chunky mofo of a book too.. prob will take some time to get through it (dyslexic hate reading!)also I managed to get a poem published in a fellow boarders literary zine which has given me a bit od confidence and something to be proud about. Mums 10th anniversary on Thurs. I remember sharing it on here and all the lovely support from folk here when I had no-one else to turn to pretty much. Glad this place is back ☺
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Nicene Creeder on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:49 pm

I took my 5 year old daughter for a bike ride at the park. Celebrating American Fathers Day.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Devotchik on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:34 am

A question I ask myself is that if Grenfell hadn't been as high profile in the press would the authorities have cared as much?
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:01 am

I still don't think they care. It's shameful how they've handled it. Residents still sleeping on floors, families being split up and then turfed out of the Holiday Inn and split up all over London cause the councils only secured a few days accommodation. The authorities are being forced to do something by public pressure but they don't want to, and that'll piss them off even more. Why would they want to help Labour voters?
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Desperado on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:33 pm

Managed to get tickets for Brian Wilson Pet Sounds tour in Dublin tomorrow night. Can't wait
You can't ride two horses with one ass
Desperado
hot dog
hot dog

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board