Billy MacKenzie

Billy MacKenzie

Postby El Macca on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Twenty years today since his passing, can't believe that.... what a unique and wonderful talent he was. A few years ago on the road to Aberdeen I took a wee detour into Balgay Cemetery to visit his graveside and left some flowers and a card with some memories on it just my way of saying thanks... tried posting but you know how hopeless I am at that... Hard to believe two decades have come and gone...
... it's no easy.
El Macca
pepperoni
pepperoni

Re: Billy MacKenzie

Postby Devotchik on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:39 pm

God. Really? Only seems like ten years.. at most.. Was sitting in an internet cafe when I heard the news over the store radio.. Heard The Associates first on some 80s hitlist compilation the lady my mum worked for gave her and in turn mum passed it on to me. Party Fears Two *sigh*
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Re: Billy MacKenzie

Postby El Macca on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Time flies when you're enjoying yourself :D ... Party Fears Two, Club Country and in particular 18 Carot Love Affair... were all " of a period of time " for me ... Though they had plenty of other great tunes both before and after " the Hits " I checked youtube but was unable to find the ToTP video of 18 Carot - where Alan Rankine was playing the chocolate guitar that he breaks up and dishes out to the crowd. Some brilliant tales about the Associates.... Still got a ticket for the lost " Ultrateque " gig...
... it's no easy.
El Macca
pepperoni
pepperoni

Return to Message Board