Broken

Broken

Postby davieboywonder on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:34 pm

'Broken', 'Take the Long Way Round' and Go-Betweens cover version - what a great gig last night. Can't believe they played 'Broken' - I only recall it live twice before: at Underworld acoustic show in 2001 and Oran Mor acoustic show in 2008. Really wasn't expecting that, but it is one of my faves, so very very very very pleased :-).

Ruthie - so sorry I didn't contact you to meet up, but I have been ill for the past week and literally blasted into London and arrived at venue 20 mins before TFC came on and left as soon as finished. Well worth it though :-). From your pics, it actually looks like I was probably only 4 or 5 people behind you at similar angle to stage. Hope you enjoyed it too.
davieboywonder
chipolata
chipolata

Re: Broken

Postby Ruthiepoos on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:12 pm

davieboywonder wrote:'Broken', 'Take the Long Way Round' and Go-Betweens cover version - what a great gig last night. Can't believe they played 'Broken' - I only recall it live twice before: at Underworld acoustic show in 2001 and Oran Mor acoustic show in 2008. Really wasn't expecting that, but it is one of my faves, so very very very very pleased :-).

Ruthie - so sorry I didn't contact you to meet up, but I have been ill for the past week and literally blasted into London and arrived at venue 20 mins before TFC came on and left as soon as finished. Well worth it though :-). From your pics, it actually looks like I was probably only 4 or 5 people behind you at similar angle to stage. Hope you enjoyed it too.

Hey no worries dude! I did have a little look out for you! Strangely I only saw one other person I knew that I didn't arrive with. Usually I see loads.

Wasn't it wonderful! And a perfectly quiet crowd during Broken and the end of My Uptight Life. I thought everyone was very well behaved! Some people might say TOO well behaved! But not me, I'm getting fragile in my old age lol.

Broken and Easy Come Easy Go were beautiful. I had no idea they were going to play them! What a lovely surprise!
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby burned on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:02 pm

No way! Can only keep fingers crossed for a repeat at the Barras....
burned
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Devotchik on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:08 pm

It brought to mind Tom and others I knew back then that had attended that night but for one reason or another I'm no longer in contact with. (I wasn't there, I was hanging with the Cosmics who were playing that night in Dingwalls.. some of them speeched the promoters in to letting them in for a while and I heard all about it from them).. and I began imagining what Tom's reaction would be if he was there and his silly grin.. sounds really really silly I know but in the moment it was very moving! Also brought back how many years have passed, friends, lovers (one loved Broken and would play it incessantly), and what has happened in the years inbetween the two events.. jeez.. it got emotive as fcuk! Power of one song eh.. Really glad I had my own acoustic Broken experience.. Thanks :-)
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby neiljungfan on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:18 pm

davieboywonder wrote:'Broken', 'Take the Long Way Round' and Go-Betweens cover version - what a great gig last night. Can't believe they played 'Broken' - I only recall it live twice before: at Underworld acoustic show in 2001 and Oran Mor acoustic show in 2008. Really wasn't expecting that, but it is one of my faves, so very very very very pleased :-).

27th February, 2008
Having dinner with band and crew I told Norman that Broken is a beautiful song, listening to it live would be great, etc.

Setlist 28th february, 2008 Murcia

HANG ON
WHAT YOU DO TO ME
ABOUTYOU
I NEED DIRECTION
IT,S ALL IN MY MIND
FALLEN LEAVES
STAR SIGN
I DON'T WANT CONTROL
VERISIMILITUDE
SPEED OF LIGHT
NEIL JUNG
THAN ME
SLOW FADE
AIN'T THAT ENOUGH
YOUR LOVE IS THE PLACE
SPARKY'S DREAM
THE CONCEPT

DON'T LOOK BACK
BROKEN
DISCOLITE
EVERYTHING FLOWS

Let me think one thing led to another :D
Live music is better
neiljungfan
chipolata
chipolata

Postby marinade on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:47 am

Similar thing here - Pete Paphides played it earlier in the day when the chaps were on his show (see Soho radio thread) which led them to play it in the evening. :)

neiljungfan wrote:

27th February, 2008
Having dinner with band and crew I told Norman that Broken is a beautiful song, listening to it live would be great, etc.

Setlist 28th february, 2008 Murcia

HANG ON
WHAT YOU DO TO ME
ABOUTYOU
I NEED DIRECTION
IT,S ALL IN MY MIND
FALLEN LEAVES
STAR SIGN
I DON'T WANT CONTROL
VERISIMILITUDE
SPEED OF LIGHT
NEIL JUNG
THAN ME
SLOW FADE
AIN'T THAT ENOUGH
YOUR LOVE IS THE PLACE
SPARKY'S DREAM
THE CONCEPT

DON'T LOOK BACK
BROKEN
DISCOLITE
EVERYTHING FLOWS

Let me think one thing led to another :D
But I like candy when it's wrapped in a sweater.
marinade
chipolata
chipolata

Postby coen brother on Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Wow, really hope to see them play Broken again...would be absolutely magic.
Your favourite band sucks
coen brother
chipolata
chipolata

Postby duglas on Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Broken is one of the best.
DUGLAS
duglas
currywurst
currywurst

Return to Message Board