Suggestions for Glasgow gig weekend

Suggestions for Glasgow gig weekend

Postby satan5 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:39 am

Anyone got top tips for things to see / do / eat / drink in Glasgow the weekend of the Barras gig? Even better if they have a TFC connection. A trip to mono is a given. Cheers.
All play is therapy
satan5
chipolata
chipolata

Re: Suggestions for Glasgow gig weekend

Postby Ruthiepoos on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:14 pm

I was gonna say Mono, but you're going, good, I recoomend the coffee and burritos. The cakes are nice too, all vegan, can't recommend anything in particular as the menu is always different when I've been there. 13th Note is opposite Mono, kinda, and apparently does nice veggie food, I've only been there for gigs and drinks though. I've seen people play at The Old Hairdressers, Broadcast and Stereo, and The Glad Café which is a bit further away, they're all great venues. You've got to go and have a drink at Oran Mor, it's beautiful.

These people do walking tours of Glasgow's music scene. I've never done it myself, but I know people who have and they thought it was pretty great! You need to book.

https://glasgowmusiccitytours.com/

I've never done anything really touristy as I've always been there for gigs and had no spare time except one time we drove out to see the Kelpies in Falkirk, and that was well worth the trip.

http://www.thehelix.co.uk/things-to-do/the-kelpies/

But when you're there check the listings, as I always end up going to 1 or 2 more gigs that I didn't know about before I arrived.

I'm sure a local can add more nuggets of wisdom.
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby bluflower on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:40 pm

last time I was in Glasgow, I didn't get to explore the city as much since two nights were spent at the Darvel Music festival. I did visit Kelvingrove and on my last day, the Willow Tea rooms before I left for Belfast. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the city this time and seeing friends new and old!
without music, I'd be dead.

http://www.facebook.com/spincycleshow/
Spin Cycle on the air at WERA, wera.fm every Tuesday 10am-Noon EST
bluflower
hot dog
hot dog

Postby satan5 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:26 am

Hi. Thanks. Will definitely check out Oran mor.
All play is therapy
satan5
chipolata
chipolata

Postby pippie on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:02 am

i'm also coming over for both shows in glasgow!! arriving on friday night. and we have tickets to see duncan reid (the former bass player of the boys) at a place called audio. it's on friday so we hope to get there on time. looking forward so much to meet you all
I think I'm on another world with you
I'm on another planet with you
pippie
andouillette
andouillette

Return to Message Board