Whitley Bay - anyone coming?

Whitley Bay - anyone coming?

Postby Gene_Clark on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:48 am

Available for pints fore & aft, with pub selections aplenty...
El Jodido Payaso de Mierda: pathetic moaning old bastard whose interests include Newcastle Benfield FC, UK Alternative rock band Teenage Fanclub, Literature, Ultra Left Wing Politics, Real Ale & scoring goals for Wallsend Boys' Club Over 40s.
Gene_Clark
pepperoni
pepperoni

Re: Whitley Bay - anyone coming?

Postby FW_2 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:19 pm

I'll be there but won't be out and about before/after. Literally coming straight up after work and then back down again before I turn into a pumpkin.

Not sure if Blagga's coming - I know he has a band on in Boro tonight so possibly not.

Either way, I am excited beyond words. It's been a long time since I've seen these boys.
FW_2
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Richard67 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:44 pm

What a wonderful show last night! Whichever set-list they pick it always just feels like a complete jukebox selection, they just can't fall off this lot! Almost as entertaining as the band was the bearded guy stood dancing down the front really going for it. Fantastic!

One slight thing that that I'll never quite understand with all seated shows however are people appearing to have a complete lack of consideration for those around them when they constantly get up not only mid-set but mid-song resulting in others on their row having to get up to let them past. Perfect example - the band were performing a sublime version of 'Did I Say' when, right on cue, a couple decide to disrupt several people on my row by deciding there's something better on offer at the bar or maybe in the toilets(?) resulting in us having to get up and let them past mid-song ruining the moment :x Cheers :? Is any trip to the toilets, Bar or to make that obviously all important phone call worth missing a song or two for? ! At least have the decency to leave/come back in-between songs. :x
Richard67
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Gene_Clark on Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:27 am

Richard67 wrote:What a wonderful show last night! Whichever set-list they pick it always just feels like a complete jukebox selection, they just can't fall off this lot! [b]Almost as entertaining as the band was the bearded guy stood dancing down the front really going for it. Fantastic! [/b]

One slight thing that that I'll never quite understand with all seated shows however are people appearing to have a complete lack of consideration for those around them when they constantly get up not only mid-set but mid-song resulting in others on their row having to get up to let them past. Perfect example - the band were performing a sublime version of 'Did I Say' when, right on cue, a couple decide to disrupt several people on my row by deciding there's something better on offer at the bar or maybe in the toilets(?) resulting in us having to get up and let them past mid-song ruining the moment :x Cheers :? Is any trip to the toilets, Bar or to make that obviously all important phone call worth missing a song or two for? ! At least have the decency to leave/come back in-between songs. :x

guilty as charged.......
El Jodido Payaso de Mierda: pathetic moaning old bastard whose interests include Newcastle Benfield FC, UK Alternative rock band Teenage Fanclub, Literature, Ultra Left Wing Politics, Real Ale & scoring goals for Wallsend Boys' Club Over 40s.
Gene_Clark
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Gene_Clark on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:11 am

TFC setlist.jpg
TFC setlist.jpg (80.67 KiB) Viewed 3156 times
Gene_Clark
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Gene_Clark on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:13 am

TFC Everything Flows.jpg
TFC Everything Flows.jpg (140.72 KiB) Viewed 3156 times

"Everything Flows"
Gene_Clark
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Gene_Clark on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:20 am

TFC Laura.jpg
TFC Laura.jpg (132.23 KiB) Viewed 3153 times
Gene_Clark
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Richard67 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Gene_Clark wrote:
Richard67 wrote:What a wonderful show last night! Whichever set-list they pick it always just feels like a complete jukebox selection, they just can't fall off this lot! [b]Almost as entertaining as the band was the bearded guy stood dancing down the front really going for it. Fantastic! [/b]

guilty as charged.......

Top turn Gene :D I would have paid just to watch you :wink:
Richard67
andouillette
andouillette

Return to Message Board