Missing Boarders

Re: Missing Boarders

Postby coen brother on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Big Bazza wrote:
norman wrote:I miss Tom O'Grady, as we all do.

Never a truer word. I think about Tom often. I have so much music in my collection that Tom pointed me to.

He once gave me a copy of Julian Cope's book "Krautrocksampler: One Head's Guide to the Great Kosmische Music". A photocopy. Apparently it took him most of a day standing at his work's copier. He accompanied it with 5 CD-Rs full of Kraut Rock mp3s.

Here's a photo from happier times - outside Stereo after The Primary 5 album launch gig.

(L-R) Me (doing a ridiculous pout for some reason), Tom, Jim B, Norman.

Haha!!! Classic Tom. He must have given me 5-6 cracking CD-Rs over the years. A gem of a man.
Your favourite band sucks
coen brother
chipolata
chipolata

Postby pinball on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:05 pm

I got Gerry's scratch tapes off him and a massive dub reggae compendium. Fucking LEGEND of a guy.
"What's this?"
"What's what?"
"No. Who's who. But you were close"
pinball
"tom is a sex god" - Beyonce Knowles
"tom is a sex god" - Beyonce Knowles

Postby Rosario FC on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:32 pm

WarmJets wrote:

His framed benefit concert poster adorns my record room wall. Miss ya, big man. You were exceptional.

this was sent to Tom's family.....

absolute belters they cunts
Rosario FC
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Eddie Walsh on Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:57 pm

Stayed with Tom when I came over for the London Bandwagonesque gig. I was treated like a king. My wife had the pleasure of meeting him too. We talk of him regularly. Legend.
"with your eyes like sparks, my heart like gasoline"
Eddie Walsh
chorizo
chorizo

Postby terjely on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:37 pm

I was in contact with Yasu/Bithead and he says hello to all boarders. Even if he's not on Twitter or Facebook, or visit the message board, he wants to let you know that he still loves the band very much. He has been out travelling for nearly a year, mostly walking long hikes, and right now he is on an island somewhere. I guess you can say he has disconnected himself from the online world.
Teenage Fanclub collection:
http://folk.uio.no/terjelyn/
terjely
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby WarmJets on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:19 pm

terjely wrote:I was in contact with Yasu/Bithead and he says hello to all boarders. Even if he's not on Twitter or Facebook, or visit the message board, he wants to let you know that he still loves the band very much. He has been out travelling for nearly a year, mostly walking long hikes, and right now he is on an island somewhere. I guess you can say he has disconnected himself from the online world.

To which I can only say, "good for him!"
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Bumpy Dog on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:53 pm

terjely wrote:I was in contact with Yasu/Bithead and he says hello to all boarders. Even if he's not on Twitter or Facebook, or visit the message board, he wants to let you know that he still loves the band very much. He has been out travelling for nearly a year, mostly walking long hikes, and right now he is on an island somewhere. I guess you can say he has disconnected himself from the online world.

That's great. If you contact to him again, wish him well please.
Bumpy Dog
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:30 pm

Ah that's lovely to know Terje. I'm glad he's ok. :-)
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Devotchik on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:00 am

Bumpy Dog wrote:

That's great. If you contact to him again, wish him well please.

Same from me.. glad to hear he's doing good!
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby ricv64 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:01 am

Rosario FC wrote:
WarmJets wrote:

His framed benefit concert poster adorns my record room wall. Miss ya, big man. You were exceptional.

this was sent to Tom's family.....

I think I'm the only one in the New World who owns one ...Thanks

'what matchbook art school did you flunk out of, you ham-fisted, near-sighted, house painter?'-- C. Montgomery Burns
ricv64
currywurst
currywurst

Postby WarmJets on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:27 pm

I'm in California. My wife was in Scotland at the time and brought me one back. Tom proudly adorns my music room, surrounded by thousands of records. I think he would like it in there.
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Devotchik on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:48 pm

WarmJets wrote:

I'm in California. My wife was in Scotland at the time and brought me one back. Tom proudly adorns my music room, surrounded by thousands of records. I think he would like it in there.

Those who visited Tom and Chris can tell you Tom had wall to wall music himself. I imagine he would like it and if there was an afterlife that he'd probably also have had a good look around your collection and could tell you a lot about your choices and taste and would probably find something to tease you about then send you what you were missing.. :lol:

He sent me the complete collection of the Grateful Dead with a printed copy of the book that came with the original boxset - all because he heard I'd got in to uni. 8)
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby WarmJets on Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:56 pm

Devotchik wrote:
WarmJets wrote:

Those who visited Tom and Chris can tell you Tom had wall to wall music himself. I imagine he would like it and if there was an afterlife that he'd probably also have had a good look around your collection and could tell you a lot about your choices and taste and would probably find something to tease you about then send you what you were missing.. :lol:

He sent me the complete collection of the Grateful Dead with a printed copy of the book that came with the original boxset - all because he heard I'd got in to uni. 8)

That's so sweet!

We shared a lot of similar tastes. Krautrock and the Dead just being two (and of course Fanclub).

I do suspect that he would laugh at my Suede records (Bert from Suede!)
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby El Macca on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:48 pm

Aye, Tomtom's missed around this wee corner of t'internet - many a good night with him, and a million stories too.

On the subject of missing boarders - Uncle Mort and Ponyboy were always great with cool recommendations on music to listen to.
... it's no easy.
El Macca
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Georgia on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:18 pm

El Macca wrote:Aye, Tomtom's missed around this wee corner of t'internet - many a good night with him, and a million stories too.

On the subject of missing boarders - Uncle Mort and Ponyboy were always great with cool recommendations on music to listen to.

Ponyboy is on Facebook, Macca. Go on, give it a go. :D

Glad to hear Bithead is well. Was thinking of him not long ago.

Doug... have not seen him on social media in ages. Hope he's well.
Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board