Here - Teenage Fanclub

Re: Here - Teenage Fanclub

Postby terjely on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:19 pm

norman wrote:
Devotchik wrote:Someone on the Fanclub fan fb page (Murray Easton, who is on here an all..) says a video is due to drop next week.. :o
well Murray didn't hear it from me. And besides, I couldn't possibly comment. :)

Is Donald involved in this, Norman? It would be cool to see a video shot by him.
Teenage Fanclub collection:
http://folk.uio.no/terjelyn/
terjely
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Devotchik on Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:57 am

terjely wrote:
norman wrote:
Devotchik wrote:Someone on the Fanclub fan fb page (Murray Easton, who is on here an all..) says a video is due to drop next week.. :o
well Murray didn't hear it from me. And besides, I couldn't possibly comment. :)

Is Donald involved in this, Norman? It would be cool to see a video shot by him.

Thanks Norm. :wink:

Donald Milne or Oor Donald? Murray says it was directed by Brian Sweeney.. :o

Think I remember Donald Milne getting up on stage for one song playing along with TFC many years ago now.. God, I feel old :roll:
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby terjely on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:44 am

Devotchik wrote:
Donald Milne or Oor Donald? Murray says it was directed by Brian Sweeney.. :o

Yes, sorry, I meant Donald Milne.
Teenage Fanclub collection:
http://folk.uio.no/terjelyn/
terjely
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby tarastew on Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:26 am

Raymond. Oh my, Raymond. That's all I'm gonna say. :D
tarastew
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Ruthiepoos on Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:17 am

It arrived from Merge early yesterday! So excited! And I got a BADGE! (Which is as minimalist as the t-shirt which arrived a few weeks ago, but both are nice nonetheless).

Straight in the CD player and listening non-stop. Often Raymond's songs take the longest to connect with me, they're real growers (but when they grab hold they don't let go) but there's a couple of immediate faves on here. Hold On is another one of his songs that has great advice for life in, he could be an agony uncle. I Was Beautiful When I Was Alive has a laid back vibe, with a soaring, simple yet effective synth solo. I love how some of his songs build, break down and build again in an understated way. I think it's gonna turn out to be a fave. Another fave might be Gerry's The First Sight, with its yearning (yet hopeful?) lyrics. That and The Darkest Part of the Night are songs that makes me interested to find out more about them, and what they're about. Of course I'm still in love with I'm In Love. A friend listened to this when I posted this on FB, knowing nothing else about TFC, and immediately went to itunes and downloaded it cause she thought it was so lovely. There's some lovely guitar sounds on this album, a synth or two which was unexpected but fits in perfectly and some very pretty strings by John McCusker. I'm loving getting to know this album!

I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby MikeSelmer on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:46 am

Yup, the Blade Runner synth in I Was Beautiful When I Was Alive really makes the song 8) Ray really is on top form on this album. As are the others, as well!
MikeSelmer
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Ruthiepoos on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:04 am

MikeSelmer wrote:Yup, the Blade Runner synth in I Was Beautiful When I Was Alive really makes the song 8) Ray really is on top form on this album. As are the others, as well!

Blade Runner synth, yes! It was a bit of a surprise but was perfect, soaring and simple but very effective.
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby WarmJets on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:18 am

Did you get a notification that it had shipped or did it just show up? I've heard nothing since the shirt arrived a month ago. I want my copy! :)
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Ruthiepoos on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:32 am

WarmJets wrote:Did you get a notification that it had shipped or did it just show up? I've heard nothing since the shirt arrived a month ago. I want my copy! :)

I received a shipping notification from Merge on 25th July to say something had shipped that day but I think that was probably the t-shirt.

I really thought EVERYONE was getting them a few days early, but I guess it's just a fluke that one or two people have theirs early and Merge were just posting them on the date that gave international customers the best chance of getting the album in time for the release date. So much of my stuff lately has been stuck in customs hell at LHR for weeks, I'm really grateful this made it through!

I paid for USPS International First, I wonder if that had something to do with it?
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby WarmJets on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:34 am

Ahhhh. I'm in the States, so it'll probably arrive next week. Thanks for clarifying!

Cody
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Ruthiepoos on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:43 am

Ah. Yes.

And sorry for boasting, I thought everyone had it. But you can listen to that NPR link? :-)

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/01/491518447 ... ium=social
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby cma on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Just got mine 5 minutes ago!
cma
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Ruthiepoos on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:39 pm

cma wrote:Just got mine 5 minutes ago!

Whoohoo!
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby kinksfan29 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:05 pm

Did you get the clear vinyl and signed??
kinksfan29
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Georgia on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:06 pm

WarmJets wrote:Ahhhh. I'm in the States, so it'll probably arrive next week. Thanks for clarifying!

Cody

It's ships from Merge in NC. Mine shipped yesterday, but I never got a shipping notification. After so many people were getting notifications or the actual order, I emailed them about it to make sure my order wasn't lost, at least. Someone wrote back to confirm it shipped and provided the tracking number. So yours is probably on its way too.
Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board