WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Re: U.S dates?

Postby Georgia on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:59 pm

WarmJets wrote:

Some great links on there. Thanks, NC.

One of which is http://www.mergerecords.com/presskits_mrg492
where there is a link to download the record lyrics. No more guessing required.
Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Devotchik on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:02 pm

Georgia wrote:
One of which is http://www.mergerecords.com/presskits_mrg492
where there is a link to download the record lyrics. No more guessing required.

Nice one.. now I know who did the cool artwork.. 8)
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby JWhipp on Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:22 pm

Chicago question... IF one was to fly in for the show which airport is closer to venue?

Bought a ticket for the show... that was the easy part.

(Update... looks like it doesn't really matter but I'm wondering if one is less of a hassle.)

JW
JWhipp
chipolata
chipolata

Postby norman on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:06 am

Six and two threes I think. Both busy. I would just go for the cheapest one that gets you there hassle free. :wink:

JWhipp wrote:Chicago question... IF one was to fly in for the show which airport is closer to venue?

(Update... looks like it doesn't really matter but I'm wondering if one is less of a hassle.)

JW
norman
Site Admin

Postby karen chicago on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:04 pm

Chicago question... IF one was to fly in for the show which airport is closer to venue?

Both Midway and O'Hare have CTA Trains to take you to Chicago City Center. The Bottom Lounge is 1/2 mile West of the City Center also accessible by the "L".
Midway uses the Orange Line all elevated hence "L". O'Hare uses the Blue Line and it will go below as a subway. And you can take the Green Line to the Bottom Lounge. In fact the Elevated line runs along Lake street.
All same fare. We call the trains METRA which will take you to outlying suburbs and there are two stations Union Station and Ogilvie Station.
otherwise the CTA Chicago Transit Authority is buses and elevated / subway trains. NOW - in the last 2 years the Fulton Market and Randolph Street is the new Restaurant Row with the finest eclectic restaurants in the City. All ethnicity and pricees. I highly recommend Urban Belly and bellyq same location 2 different menus, all good. Very close to The Bottom Lounge. Enjoy..... I'll be at the Chicago show.
(I'm not selling out my imagination, I'm a citizen of the human nation)
karen chicago
chipolata
chipolata

Postby JWhipp on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:32 pm

Thanks Norman and Karen! This actually seems possible. Flights cheaper than I thought.
JWhipp
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Georgia on Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:55 pm

JWhipp wrote:Chicago question... IF one was to fly in for the show which airport is closer to venue?

JW

No way! I look forward to meeting you after 15+ years of messageboarding. :D

Midway is smaller and can be less of a hassle vs. O'Hare where you might walk miles to get out. If you like Southwest, as many do, Midway is the only option. And if you fly the day of the show, plan to arrive morning/early afternoon to avoid the literal hell of rush hour, either in a cab or on the L (CTA as mentioned above). The L from both will drop you off within blocks of the same place downtown (AKA the Loop). http://www.transitchicago.com/ will give you the details and trip times (hour+ to/from airport). Short cab ride from the Loop to the usual hotel spots. Getting to the venue from any vaguely central location is easy by cab, L, bus.
Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby JWhipp on Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Would love to meet you Georgia. Actually sitting down to map this out now. I have a family wedding that might get in the way but it could still work,especially if there is no west coast tour .
JWhipp
chipolata
chipolata

Postby JWhipp on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:28 pm

A little birdy from another band site said west coast scheduled for early 2017?
JWhipp
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Nicene Creeder on Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:58 am

Three weeks away for you lucky east coasters and those in the midwest. Weather is perfect.

We need to get the Fanclub to take up residency here in So Cal. Skip the Scottish and Canadian winters Here. Kick it here, play some gigs, warm up, record another follow up album. You are hot.

In the meantime, from 2000...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulQYS4bNICI
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby WarmJets on Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:32 pm

Nicene Creeder wrote:Three weeks away for you lucky east coasters and those in the midwest. Weather is perfect.

We need to get the Fanclub to take up residency here in So Cal. Skip the Scottish and Canadian winters Here. Kick it here, play some gigs, warm up, record another follow up album. You are hot.

In the meantime, from 2000...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulQYS4bNICI

"You are hot" made me chuckle!
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby bluflower on Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:30 am

Looking forward to seeing some of the shows. Trying my best to make NYC, Brooklyn and Philly, in addition to DC. a few factors might prevent me from making it to all, but I'm hoping to get it sorted. It will be nice to see friends and do something fun. I haven't had much social time the past few months.

Life has been a bit of a challenge in 2016. Started off well with launching the radio station, then we had to let go of an employee, so I was working 7 days a week keeping the radio station running from late January to late May. Just when I was about to take some time off and relax in early August, my Dad fell and suffered multiple traumatic brain injuries. For the past 7 weeks, I've been splitting my time between Arlington and Southern NJ trying to help care for my him. It's proving to be a very slow recovery process. currently, I've slept only about 3-4 hours since Wednesday morning.

I love the album and have been playing songs from it regularly each week on my radio show and we've added it to rotation on the station. We've currently got Teenage Fanclub at the #3 spot in our top 30 artists!

Hope to see some of you very soon.
Lauree
without music, I'd be dead.

http://www.facebook.com/spincycleshow/
Spin Cycle on the air at WERA, wera.fm every Tuesday 10am-Noon EST
bluflower
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:26 pm

bluflower wrote:Looking forward to seeing some of the shows. Trying my best to make NYC, Brooklyn and Philly, in addition to DC. a few factors might prevent me from making it to all, but I'm hoping to get it sorted. It will be nice to see friends and do something fun. I haven't had much social time the past few months.

Life has been a bit of a challenge in 2016. Started off well with launching the radio station, then we had to let go of an employee, so I was working 7 days a week keeping the radio station running from late January to late May. Just when I was about to take some time off and relax in early August, my Dad fell and suffered multiple traumatic brain injuries. For the past 7 weeks, I've been splitting my time between Arlington and Southern NJ trying to help care for my him. It's proving to be a very slow recovery process. currently, I've slept only about 3-4 hours since Wednesday morning.

I love the album and have been playing songs from it regularly each week on my radio show and we've added it to rotation on the station. We've currently got Teenage Fanclub at the #3 spot in our top 30 artists!

Lauree

Thinking of you Lauree, it sounds like you've been through, and are going through, so much. It will do you good to get out to some shows. Switch off, change of scene and enjoy the music.

My family has really been through the mill this year and it's continuing. I bought tickets for the most recent dates months ago and when the dates came round I was thinking I shouldn't be going with all the family trauma going on, that I shouldn't be away from home, and I was full of guilt even though everyone in the familly was telling me it was fine. I was so stressed out and was convinced I'd be terrible company and ruin it for the friends I was going with! But in reality it was so nice to meet up with friends who knew what I was going through. When the band came on in Bristol it was just perfect and all the stresses and strains floated away and the music took me to another place, not to sound too wanky! The whole time they were on stage I felt elevated from all the other shit stuff going on.

And I met Trixie! She's a top lady! :D

I'm still getting used to what I can and can't do yet, and by the time of the instore at Rough Trade came about a week or so later, I think I'd pretty much overdone it. That was a great evening seeing friends again, and bumping into someone I used to work with when I was a teenager! But it was perhaps not very sensible of me. Oops! :lol: I was in a bit of a state at the end of the night not being able to walk properly (not through alcohol, I hasten to add) with a 2 hr journey home ahead of me and had a very early start the next day with a long and stressful day ahead. But never mind eh? Priorities and all that.

So I highly recommend this plan Lauree! I'm sorry I won't get to see you on these dates, it would be lovely to finally meet you one day.
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby bluflower on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Ruthiepoos wrote:
bluflower wrote:Looking forward to seeing some of the shows. Trying my best to make NYC, Brooklyn and Philly, in addition to DC. a few factors might prevent me from making it to all, but I'm hoping to get it sorted. It will be nice to see friends and do something fun. I haven't had much social time the past few months.

Lauree

Thinking of you Lauree, it sounds like you've been through, and are going through, so much. It will do you good to get out to some shows. Switch off, change of scene and enjoy the music.

My family has really been through the mill this year and it's continuing. I bought tickets for the most recent dates months ago and when the dates came round I was thinking I shouldn't be going with all the family trauma going on, that I shouldn't be away from home, and I was full of guilt even though everyone in the familly was telling me it was fine. I was so stressed out and was convinced I'd be terrible company and ruin it for the friends I was going with! But in reality it was so nice to meet up with friends who knew what I was going through. When the band came on in Bristol it was just perfect and all the stresses and strains floated away and the music took me to another place, not to sound too wanky! The whole time they were on stage I felt elevated from all the other shit stuff going on.

And I met Trixie! She's a top lady! :D

I'm still getting used to what I can and can't do yet, and by the time of the instore at Rough Trade came about a week or so later, I think I'd pretty much overdone it. That was a great evening seeing friends again, and bumping into someone I used to work with when I was a teenager! But it was perhaps not very sensible of me. Oops! :lol: I was in a bit of a state at the end of the night not being able to walk properly (not through alcohol, I hasten to add) with a 2 hr journey home ahead of me and had a very early start the next day with a long and stressful day ahead. But never mind eh? Priorities and all that.

So I highly recommend this plan Lauree! I'm sorry I won't get to see you on these dates, it would be lovely to finally meet you one day.

Thanks Ruthie! I appreciate it, it's been very challenging to say the least and a major setback with my Dad this past week. It's mentally, emotionally and of course, physically draining to make sure he's ok and getting the care he needs.

I appreciate your thoughts and am still trying to figure out a way to get out of town and have some fun.
without music, I'd be dead.

http://www.facebook.com/spincycleshow/
Spin Cycle on the air at WERA, wera.fm every Tuesday 10am-Noon EST
bluflower
hot dog
hot dog

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board