U.S dates?

U.S dates?

Postby Devotchik on Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Seems theres been a Chicago date announced: Fri 21st October.. anymore dates out there?

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/te ... d=22977441
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Re: U.S dates?

Postby Georgia on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:08 pm

Just incidentally, the Bottom Lounge in Chicago used to be in another location, on the north side, and I once met up with The Christopher Myers there to see his excellent band play. Anyone know what he's up to these days? Also, they had TFC on their jukebox - a very rare thing here!
Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby ricv64 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:32 pm

If this is correct ,Tue 27 Sep 2016. The Regency Ballroom San Francisco, CA, US, thats the same building 13th Floor Elevator played tons of tymes . A different stage though according to those there at the time.

'what matchbook art school did you flunk out of, you ham-fisted, near-sighted, house painter?'-- C. Montgomery Burns
ricv64
currywurst
currywurst

Postby WarmJets on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Any news about a Southern California show? I don't know where to look. I can't find anything in the US.

Cody
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby norman on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:25 pm

Devotchik wrote:Seems theres been a Chicago date announced: Fri 21st October.. anymore dates out there?

oops! Maybe it's a mistake...................
norman
Site Admin

Postby WarmJets on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:11 am

norman wrote:
Devotchik wrote:Seems theres been a Chicago date announced: Fri 21st October.. anymore dates out there?

Hopefully you can 'mistakenly' make it out to the Greater Los Angeles area.
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Devotchik on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:08 pm

norman wrote:

Only repeating what's already been said on the Fanclub Fanclub group.. :mrgreen:
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Georgia on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:41 pm

Devotchik wrote:
norman wrote:

Only repeating what's already been said on the Fanclub Fanclub group.. :mrgreen:

Scooped by the Chicago Reader. Good old Reader. Also, I'm on the venue mailing list and it was in their mailing yesterday. :D
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby mainguy on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Georgia wrote:Just incidentally, the Bottom Lounge in Chicago used to be in another location, on the north side, and I once met up with The Christopher Myers there to see his excellent band play. Anyone know what he's up to these days? Also, they had TFC on their jukebox - a very rare thing here!

I have it on good authority that he's been holed up for the past 12 years designing that new Fannies t-shirt, his masterwork.

Just kidding, I can't take credit for that. Thanks for thinking of me. Currently living the dream in northern Baltimore county with the wife, newborn and two pups.
An effort to gain just a little more web anonymity.
mainguy
chipolata
chipolata

Postby tarastew on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:02 pm

ricv64 wrote:If this is correct ,Tue 27 Sep 2016. The Regency Ballroom San Francisco, CA, US, thats the same building 13th Floor Elevator played tons of tymes . A different stage though according to those there at the time.

Haven't seen that posted anywhere, but it's a aice, medium-sized restored venue. Saw Camera Obscura there a couple of years back. Thought they might return to Great American Music Hall since I remember Norman saying how much he loved it.
tarastew
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Georgia on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:08 pm

mainguy wrote:
Georgia wrote:Just incidentally, the Bottom Lounge in Chicago used to be in another location, on the north side, and I once met up with The Christopher Myers there to see his excellent band play. Anyone know what he's up to these days? Also, they had TFC on their jukebox - a very rare thing here!

I have it on good authority that he's been holed up for the past 12 years designing that new Fannies t-shirt, his masterwork.

Just kidding, I can't take credit for that. Thanks for thinking of me. Currently living the dream in northern Baltimore county with the wife, newborn and two pups.

Aw, that's great! Glad to hear from you. I see there is a DC show on the schedule for you. :)
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby WarmJets on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:07 pm

mainguy wrote:

Life sounds good. Congratulations on the newborn. Try and get some rest :D It almost felled me.
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby mainguy on Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:33 am

Georgia wrote:
mainguy wrote:

Aw, that's great! Glad to hear from you. I see there is a DC show on the schedule for you. :)

We'll see if we can make it. It all depends if Norman can procure us a pair of these.

An effort to gain just a little more web anonymity.
mainguy
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Georgia on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Tickets bought. I shall be seeing the usual suspects in Chicago and NYC I hope. :D
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Nicene Creeder on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:43 pm

LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Next