Interview in Uncut and album review in Mojo

Interview in Uncut and album review in Mojo

Postby davieboywonder on Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:59 pm

Had a rather nice TFC fix come through the post this morning: 4 page article/interview on the band in Uncut and album review in Mojo. The excitement for the album and gigs increases :-)
davieboywonder
chipolata
chipolata

Re: Interview in Uncut and album review in Mojo

Postby Nicene Creeder on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:23 pm

I assume September Uncut? I see where they are listening in the August edition.
I only find the July Mojo on shelves here. Is that September as well?

davieboywonder wrote:Had a rather nice TFC fix come through the post this morning: 4 page article/interview on the band in Uncut and album review in Mojo. The excitement for the album and gigs increases :-)
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby valtteri3 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:49 pm

great! how was the review? did it give any hint on what kind of an affair we're in for?
violent cities, silent kitties
valtteri3
currywurst
currywurst

Postby davieboywonder on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Both are the new September issues. I'd scan them in, but I assume that is breaking copyright. Mojo has a full page review (well half of the page is a photo of the band on a beach) and gives it 4 stars. I think I am most excited to hear what they call 'a glimmer of Latinate brass' in The First Sight. The Uncut article and interview is about their whole career, but in a side panel, there is a career 'buyer's guide' and 'Here' is given 9/10... 'among their best'. It also mentions the 'warm brass arrangements of Love's "The First Sight"'. All in all then, can't wait to hear it :-).
davieboywonder
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Nicene Creeder on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:17 am

Thanks.

davieboywonder wrote:Both are the new September issues. I'd scan them in, but I assume that is breaking copyright. Mojo has a full page review (well half of the page is a photo of the band on a beach) and gives it 4 stars. I think I am most excited to hear what they call 'a glimmer of Latinate brass' in The First Sight. The Uncut article and interview is about their whole career, but in a side panel, there is a career 'buyer's guide' and 'Here' is given 9/10... 'among their best'. It also mentions the 'warm brass arrangements of Love's "The First Sight"'. All in all then, can't wait to hear it :-).
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby WarmJets on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:40 am

davieboywonder wrote:Both are the new September issues. I'd scan them in, but I assume that is breaking copyright. Mojo has a full page review (well half of the page is a photo of the band on a beach) and gives it 4 stars. I think I am most excited to hear what they call 'a glimmer of Latinate brass' in The First Sight. The Uncut article and interview is about their whole career, but in a side panel, there is a career 'buyer's guide' and 'Here' is given 9/10... 'among their best'. It also mentions the 'warm brass arrangements of Love's "The First Sight"'. All in all then, can't wait to hear it :-).

Man! This just whets the appetite all the more. I'm guessing Love-esque brass then? Jesus shit, 6-years is too long!
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby valtteri3 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:07 am

WarmJets wrote:

Man! This just whets the appetite all the more. I'm guessing Love-esque brass then? Jesus shit, 6-years is too long!

thanks davieboywonder!
not long to go anymore, warmjets. i can't wait either!
violent cities, silent kitties
valtteri3
currywurst
currywurst

Postby WarmJets on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:02 am

It really hammers home what an embarrassment of riches the 90s were for us. They put out SO much stuff and so often--almost took it for granted. 6 singles to an album? Sure! How 'bout twice in a row?
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Postby johnnycigars on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:46 am

Nicene Creeder wrote:I assume September Uncut? I see where they are listening in the August edition.
I only find the July Mojo on shelves here. Is that September as well?

davieboywonder wrote:Had a rather nice TFC fix come through the post this morning: 4 page article/interview on the band in Uncut and album review in Mojo. The excitement for the album and gigs increases :-)

It's in Septembers Uncut.
johnnycigars
pepperoni
pepperoni

Return to Message Board