George Martin R.I.P

George Martin R.I.P

Postby WarmJets on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:03 am

George,

Thank you for your incalculable contributions to music and the world-at-large. Suffice it to say that this very board not may exist were it not for you, your vision, and your not inconsiderable talents. You seemed a good man and I never heard you say a bad word about anyone inside of music or without. There's no doubt as to whom the real 'fifth Beatle' was and your prodigious production (and playing) increased the vocabulary of then-nascent rock exponentially. The benchmarks that you established are still the ones that people aspire to today. Godspeed you, young man. The world is lessened by your not being a part of it any longer, though contributions of your magnitude will never fade.

Love love love
It's all in my mind
It's all in my mind...
WarmJets
hot dog
hot dog

Re: George Martin R.I.P

Postby Nicene Creeder on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:08 am

Beat(les) me to it.

RIP

Dude knew a song when he heard it.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Devotchik on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:10 pm

My son tells me its heavy with press around Abbey Road studios at this moment (we're thinking maybe Macca's in town). Used to see him out and about walking with his wife on the odd occasion. Nice couple. He gave us The Beatles, Cilla, Matt Monroe, and A Horse With No Name.. also some Goons and the Beyond The Fringe mob among many others.. RIP.
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby duglas on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:24 pm

A non-Beatles George Martin production that is one of my big favourites

DUGLAS
duglas
currywurst
currywurst

Postby shents on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:59 am

the first of his that I was aware of, and probably the one I have played the most in my life. Of course I had no idea that is was George Martin or who he was. Or that there might be anything controversial about it. (I'm afraid I was probably giggling at my book of Irish jokes at the same time)
shents
chipolata
chipolata

Return to Message Board