***Edwyn Collins and Teenage Fanclub at Trongate/Mono***

***Edwyn Collins and Teenage Fanclub at Trongate/Mono***

Postby Ruthiepoos on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:53 am

Hi All

Thanks for your PM's. Due to exceptional demand, the list is now closed. Sorry if you didn't make it. There are still tickets on the door, but these are not guaranteed.

Norman

Heard alot about this all over the internet, strangely not much here, and nothing about the mono gig at all, unless I've missed something.

http://www.bigissuescotland.com/news/view/186
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Re: Anyone going to this tomorrow at Trongate/Mono

Postby Big Bazza on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:59 am

It was being kept fairly quiet so that it wasn't too rammed, but the cat's out the bag now - it's on Edwyn's web page too. :shock:
I'll be there :)
“Do as I say, not as I do” – The Hypocritic Oath © N Blake 2009
Big Bazza
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Stuart Ferguson on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:21 pm

And in The Sun this morning.
Stuart Ferguson
chipolata
chipolata

Postby guest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 pm

a very good cause and great to see the men of Teenage Fanclub doing their bit.

big issue vendors once upon a time would get a very rough press from many regular boarders on this here very message board sadly. I remember the threads well; people would start one every other week stating that Big issue vendors were annoying wankers in general and seriously pissed them off on their journey to the office and back. it seemed to me that there was a ground swell of opinion from these jerks( and there was many of them) that homeless people should be swept from view oh yeh and neds sterilised while they were at it. so. I think its quite in keeping to not advertise such an event on here, lest some of these smarmy shites turn up and take up a place otherwise taken by a person who whole heartedly supports homeless charities and tends not to have a smug sneer at their sad plight on a message board.
This post has been censored, I only like free speech when it's something me and my friends agree with.
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Ruthiepoos on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:36 pm

Big Bazza wrote:It was being kept fairly quiet so that it wasn't too rammed, but the cat's out the bag now - it's on Edwyn's web page too. :shock:

Oops. Sorry. I first saw it on Edwyn's page last night. Was waiting to see if it would be posted here or not.

I was about 25% going to be in Edinburgh visiting friends/rellies for a very long weekend (I'm not now so it's academic) and would have been gutted if I'd only found out about this the next day. If not on TFC's own messageboard, how else are people to find out?
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Big Bazza on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Norman did mention the Trongate 103 event here, and was hoping to blag a few tickets for boarders. It became clear that the venue was pretty small, with all the invites being taken up by journalists and cooncillurs, so they decided on the gig in Mono.
I'm pretty sure Norman was intending to post details here once all the times etc had been sorted out.
They're practicing with Edwyn today.
“Do as I say, not as I do” – The Hypocritic Oath © N Blake 2009
Big Bazza
mortadella
mortadella

Postby guest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Ruthiepoos wrote:
Big Bazza wrote:It was being kept fairly quiet so that it wasn't too rammed, but the cat's out the bag now - it's on Edwyn's web page too. :shock:

Oops. Sorry. I first saw it on Edwyn's page last night. Was waiting to see if it would be posted here or not.

I was about 25% going to be in Edinburgh visiting friends/rellies for a very long weekend (I'm not now so it's academic) and would have been gutted if I'd only found out about this the next day. If not on TFC's own messageboard, how else are people to find out?

After telling those Big Issue jokes? You really should be ashamed of yourself ruthiepoos.
This post has been censored, I only like free speech when it's something me and my friends agree with.
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Ruthiepoos on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:08 pm

What Big Issue jokes?

And don't deviate! I've got a genuine question? Are you lot all psychic or something, is that how you spread the word? I'm a bit pissed off cause with a week or so planning I could have combined a few things and come to this. Too late now.
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Bumpy Dog on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Ruthiepoos wrote:What Big Issue jokes?

And don't deviate! I've got a genuine question? Are you lot all psychic or something, is that how you spread the word?.

No Ruthie, I knew about the Trongate 103 thing (through Norman mentioning it on here) but not the mono follow-up. It would be helpful to get a wee bit more info upfront, I agree.
Bumpy Dog
currywurst
currywurst

Postby remy mcswain on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:17 pm

I was wondering when this would leak out :D

I found out about the Mono gig early in the week, it was on the Roddy Frame board on Tuesday and saw it in The Sun today. Couldn't believe it wasn't on here :lol:

I'll be there
remy mcswain
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Bumpy Dog on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:21 pm

remy mcswain wrote:I was wondering when this would leak out :D

Leak out? WTF

The cynic in me would say that the only things that don't 'leak out' are the gigs at £17.50
Bumpy Dog
currywurst
currywurst

Postby tomtom on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:26 pm

I can't make it, sorry folks. :D

have a great time Bazza and everyone else.
" SUCKIN' DIESEL, SUCKIN' DIESEL "
tomtom
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby guest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Bumpy Dog wrote:

Leak out? WTF

The cynic in me would say that the only things that don't 'leak out' are the gigs at £17.50

yeh they think we're some sort of cashcow that turns up and gives them money at their behest. :roll:
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby guest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Ruthiepoos wrote:What Big Issue jokes?

And don't deviate! I've got a genuine question? Are you lot all psychic or something, is that how you spread the word? I'm a bit pissed off cause with a week or so planning I could have combined a few things and come to this. Too late now.

The sneezing one. Don't say you never told it, cos you know you did. You don't like the truthiepoos do ya?
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby guest on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:35 pm

Bumpy Dog wrote:

Leak out? WTF

so when is your next free gig then?
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Next

Return to Message Board