6%
Tour de France
No votes
Kraftwerk or Kraftwerk 2
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby dbostrom on Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:17 pm

I'll always have a soft spot for "Electric Cafe."

Back about 16 years ago, I bought a secondhand copy of it on CD. I came home and put it on, and proceeded to smoke some pot. Naturally, I found myself enjoying it, but about two hours later, I realized it had been going on for quite a long time. I realized then that the disk was defective and had been jumping around at random without me noticing. I had been suffused in a non-linear drug-supported Kraftwerk state the whole evening. It was great.
dbostrom
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Groovy! on Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:45 pm

I'd go for The Mix for nostalgic reasons - it was the one that got me into Kraftwerk back in '91. Sure, their other albums are more complete pieces, but I just love the juiced-up Autobahn and the meltdowning Radioactivity. :D I'm really enjoying Tour De France Soundtracks CD as well. Hell, they're all great! :D :D

I couldn't get across to Glasgow on Tuesday, so I am absolutely gutted to have missed them. Here's hoping they'll be back soon (although I'm not holding my breath). :cry:
Groovy!
chipolata
chipolata

Postby transy grove on Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:33 pm

the country and the city

is this poll closed? i don't have any kraftwerk albums, but i used to have one, and i was always excited by it. it always felt like travelling through the country and cities in central europe, maybe on your first mission, national borders acknowledged but shrugged off. and i was reminded of that when the vulture mentioned the 'heimat' film series, the landscape and big sky, modern europe. i went to check and found only four kraftwerk songs at home on my slope:

kristallo

heimatklange

tanzmusik

elekto-kardiogramm

listening still feels like shifts in time, and landscape, seeing what you already know, but all over again, in a different print. i feel rainy dark four o'clocks in hamburg or dusseldorf, or the sky heavy before a storm on a flat plain. its contemporary, 'heimatklange' might be the secret track on the film music by the pastels, and there is the to rococo rot surge and fuzz, in bits like 'kolner brett zwei', as huge pieces of felt are pulled down over the city, and its buildings, and we move back out to the country.
transy grove

Previous

Return to Message Board