Feck Beck

Am I going to regret being a total scrooge about this? (see below) Should I just forget I'm getting ripped off and get the damn tix??

Yes, get the tickets you stingey cow
27%
No, tell Beck to get to feck
73%

Total votes : 11

Feck Beck

Postby Linz on Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:17 am

Hmmm, I was just about to buy some tix for Beck's gig at the Usher Hall from Ticketmaster but they're charging £3.25 'service charge' per ticket, and then £4.85 'processing fee' and since I'm pretty skint just now I decided not to bother. Around £30 per ticket seems pretty steep to me.
blah
Linz
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Ponyboy on Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:18 pm

:shock: Wow! It's my friend's turn to buy the tix for the Beck show, I had no idea it was so expensive. Looks like the beers are on me that night -and the cab!

I wouldn't want to miss it tho', especially at the Usher Hall.

30 clams is a disgrace. How much actual processing do they have to do? How much servive do you actually get from ticketmaster?
Stay Gold
Ponyboy
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Georgia on Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:21 pm

You'll regret not going, no? It's kinda pricey, but actually seems about market rate for someone of his stature. Most galling ticket price (that I paid) in recent memory was around $80 for Elvis Costello - seats almost all the way back on a main floor seating around 2500. Miles away. If my friend wasn't counting on me to go, I wouldn't have paid that.
Georgia
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Linz on Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:26 pm

I've grudgingly bought tickets, thanks for your views! You're right - I wouldn't want to miss it!
blah
Linz
chipolata
chipolata

Postby cuckookachoo on Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:59 pm

Love The Beck, have all the lps, consider him a genius, but the last time he came around these parts tix were going for 30+ dollars, of which I didn't have so I said "Feck it." not "Feck Beck.".
cuckookachoo
chipolata
chipolata

Postby tomtom on Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:36 pm

its wheter its worth it to you or not. brian wilson (£60) is the most so far but the stones were well over priced and macca was a close call. the 4 teenie gigs and HMV will probabl have cost me close to £300 by the end but thats travel, beer, etc and it was a social event as much as anything. i caught up with old frinds and meet some new people too and then thers the meeting of doug and tomtom tomorrow. i plan to paint he's spare room in celtic colours.

oops im rambling again.
" SUCKIN' DIESEL, SUCKIN' DIESEL "
tomtom
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Return to Message Board