Is Georgia going to kidnap me and sell me into slavery?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:06 pm

Yes, show up at the bar with a cop
39%
No, she's a lovely young lady who will buy a round or two
61%

Total votes : 18

Postby Sonia on Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:06 pm

I'm off on a press tour next week with a client, and one of my stops is Chicago. When I mentioned to my client that I'd be meeting a "virtual" friend in Chicago for drinks (Georgia) she suggested she come along with me to the bar to make sure everything is "okay." So, what do you think - is Georgia one of those evil beings that lurk on the Internet to lure you into a trap? :wink:
Last edited by Sonia on Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonia
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Babs on Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:48 pm

watch yourself, Sonia. Georgia claims she doesn't know fellow Chicagoan Marty Perez.... that makes her suspect in my book..... :P
Babs
chipolata
chipolata

Postby JOHN S on Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:59 pm

Sonia I'm sure you will have a fine time, don't take your Client as he/she will probably be board rigid as you & Georgia will have so much heavy duty music chat to catch up with that your client will feel very left out of it !
Have a good one ! :D
JOHN S
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Nicene Creeder on Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:59 am

There are still a few good people out there, Sonia. You should be the one buying "Georgia" a drink or two on that fat expense account (or do the Mormon in accounting prevent that kind of stuff?). Remember those UK bound plane tickets that "Georgia" purchased to see a certain band who ended up cancelling? My instincts say, fear not.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Sonia on Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:47 am

Yeah, I reckon "Georgia" is alright (and yes NC, I'll be buying a few as well) but now I probably have her worried about meeting me!

I'm still working on the politest lines I can use to ditch my client, aside from, "Y'see, I occasionally do try to have a life outside of work although you'd never know it, so I'd kinda like to go solo on this one if you don't mind," but she's just trying to be nice & protective so I really can't be mean about it.
Sonia
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Nicene Creeder on Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:18 am

If you want to ditch your business clientel, wear one of your patented dresses (which I must say do look great - take note ladies) and then tell them that you must visit a relative in a nursing home. Nobody, today in America, wants to trek over for one second to see old people in their last years of life. Just make sure you have an address and name of local facility.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby tomtom on Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:22 am

i like that plan mr. seed but it could be real funny if it went wrong and she insisted on going with you. i can see sonia pickinf some random oldie and just chatting away.
" SUCKIN' DIESEL, SUCKIN' DIESEL "
tomtom
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Georgia on Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:51 am

Fat expense account? Now we're talking! Nah, I'd never sell you into slavery, Sonia, but I hear there's money to be made in the black market kidney and liver trade..... Mwahahahahahhahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner
Georgia
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Nicene Creeder on Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:32 am

Now that's scary, Georgia. Sonia, if "Georgia" breaks out the cooking utensils and the cork screw you know it's time to run. An electric can opener is also a bad sign. Remember Jeffery Dahmer, wasn't he from Illinois or was that Wisconsin? Remember Upton Sinclair's The Jungle...
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Georgia on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:39 pm

I think he was from Wisconsin, but found a number of his victims....right here in Chicago. :shock: Note: I never said anything about fava beans or a nice chianti... I'd split the money 50/50 with Sonia. Fair's fair, after all.
Georgia
currywurst
currywurst

Postby pinball on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:17 pm

If you do kidnap her for the slave trade, G, can I have first dibs?

Do you take Visa?
"What's this?"
"What's what?"
"No. Who's who. But you were close"
pinball
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Georgia on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:42 pm

pinball wrote:If you do kidnap her for the slave trade, G, can I have first dibs?

Do you take Visa?

Highest bidder; shipping and tax not included. All major credit cards welcome (particularly if you've got a big line of additional credit you won't miss). :wink:
Georgia
currywurst
currywurst

Return to Message Board