West Coast Tour to begin today

West Coast Tour to begin today

Postby Nicene Creeder on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Can't wait for St Patrick's Day. My daughter turns 5 and I get to see TFC. Hoping for a great Friday.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Re: West Coast Tour to begin today

Postby Nicene Creeder on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:59 am

Saturday''s gig is another matter, it's really in the middle of nowhere, where the streets have no name. It's 120 miles east of LA, right outside of Joshua Tree national park.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby JWhipp on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:36 am

When they announced all the dates I planned on hitting 3 of them, but it looks like Teragram is it for me. Pappy & Harriets is the best but it just wasn't in the cards. Would love to say hi man. I'll be the big guy sporting my Ryan Adams pentagram shirt (I never get to wear it.) Looking forward to this and kind of treating this like the last time I'll see them live? I don't see a tour of this scope happening 5 years from now. Prove me wrong guys!

JW
JWhipp
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Nicene Creeder on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:08 am

Hopefully Gerry doesnt get mugged walking around 7th St.
I almost stepped in dog crap as I typed this.

Drinking a guiness at the monty.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby kiwidave on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:18 am

Saw them in Melbourne last week. First TFC gig in nine years. Outstanding as ever. You will not be disappointed. And ''I Was Beautiful When I Was Alive" off the new album, an encore choice at most of their Aussie shows this month, was the absolute highlight. Which is saying something, because I've been a fan since 1990.
kiwidave
chipolata
chipolata

Postby bluflower on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:28 am

Was hoping to fly to Seattle and Vancouver before the Brooklyn date, but I couldn't make it work. A bunch of friends are going to those nights.

I'll definitely be in Brooklyn though!
without music, I'd be dead.

http://www.facebook.com/spincycleshow/
Spin Cycle on the air at WERA, wera.fm every Tuesday 10am-Noon EST
bluflower
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Nicene Creeder on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:48 am

Britta was supposed to end with Drive (by The Cars) but had a malfunction and defaulted to Dean singing Tugboat. That was terrific.
Last edited by Nicene Creeder on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Sonia on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:29 am

See some of you tomorrow in Pioneertown?
Sonia
currywurst
currywurst

Postby ricv64 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:36 am

OK SF I can't wait till Tuesday .How bout you ???????

'what matchbook art school did you flunk out of, you ham-fisted, near-sighted, house painter?'-- C. Montgomery Burns
ricv64
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Sonia on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:20 am

To quote my husband when I said after the show, "aside from the Beatles, is there any better band?"

"TFC are very special."
Sonia
currywurst
currywurst

Re: West Coast Tour to begin today SF !!!!!!

Postby ricv64 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:20 pm

If they open with The Giants song Bye Bye baby ,Club fan will bust open his Willie Mays piggy bank and buy us all pizza .....serious :P

these should be up on the street today

'what matchbook art school did you flunk out of, you ham-fisted, near-sighted, house painter?'-- C. Montgomery Burns
ricv64
currywurst
currywurst

Postby graemejw on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:50 pm

I saw the guys in Vancouver, was a really good show - surprisingly good sound for that venue.

The Rickshaw Theatre is on East Hastings St - the epicentre of Vancouver's large homeless population. It's a pretty sketchy area to say the least - a lot of destitution/substance abuse & misery in those few blocks.

Not sure there are many other venues in Vancouver - last time I saw them at The Commodore which is a less central venue & I think a bit smaller. Have tickets for The JAMC at The Vogue Theatre next month - never been there so don't know what to expect.

I actually live west of Calgary near Banff, and can usually wangle a work trip to coincide with bands I want to see in Vancouver - because NOBODY EVER comes to Calgary outside of our 6 weeks of summer - it's a City of 1.5million but it might as well be on the moon for most touring bands. I guess it's logistics as we are miles from any big US City - Seattle would be the nearest 680 miles away!

Anyway one day I am hoping Norman & the gang will make it out here - especially as he is now semi-Canadian. We do have two very decent festivals in the summer - the excellent Sled Island http://www.sledisland.com & The Calgary Folk Festival ( which normally serves up a few great acts but otherwise seems stuck in a never ending headline rotation of Blue Rodeo & The Barenaked Ladies...
graemejw
chipolata
chipolata

Postby gobbledygeek on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:49 pm

I saw them at the Vancouver show too. It only took me 47 years to get around to it, but it was the first time I've stood dead centre of a concert floor just a few people back. Great fun. :)

Yeah, Rickshaw Theatre location was pretty sketchy. I was looking out to make sure I wasn't stepping on any needles walking to the show, and actually got propositioned by a hooker on the corner after the show, lolz.

Second time I've seen them (saw them at the Biltmore the last time they were here). Surprised they don't do What You Do To Me / Satan, I'm sure that woulda killed! Also looked like they had someone fill in on keyboards from Seattle for the show?

Loved every minute of it, hope to see them again in another seven years. :)

Geverysevenyears,likelocusts?G
In a hundred years you and I will both be dead.
gobbledygeek
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Ruthiepoos on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:22 am

Is it that rough there or just that immediate area near the Rickshaw?

I've been to Vancouver a few times and bloody love it, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. My first ever time driving on the 'wrong' side of the road was in Vancouver, and the first ever time driving an automatic, not a great idea! Me and 4 friends sightseeing but not having a clue where we are, and my friend with the map accidentally directed me onto Highway 99, we all screamed. I was so scared and could barely manage to drive. Still I'd love another chance, lovely place.
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby graemejw on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:22 am

Ruthiepoos wrote:Is it that rough there or just that immediate area near the Rickshaw?

I've been to Vancouver a few times and bloody love it, one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. My first ever time driving on the 'wrong' side of the road was in Vancouver, and the first ever time driving an automatic, not a great idea! Me and 4 friends sightseeing but not having a clue where we are, and my friend with the map accidentally directed me onto Highway 99, we all screamed. I was so scared and could barely manage to drive. Still I'd love another chance, lovely place.

Just that area around The Rickshaw - it is a lovely city, the day of the concert - I went Nordic Skiing in the morning up at Cypress Mountain, had amazing banh mi for lunch and went record shopping in the afternoon. By contrast I was in Winnipeg last week, not sure TFC ever made it there - now that can be a desolate place - lots of poverty and an unforgiving climate. Gritty is the word that springs to mind for Winnipeg - I can see why Neil left.
graemejw
chipolata
chipolata

Return to Message Board