Page 1 of 2

MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:33 pm
by DELBOY
The board is 14 yrs old on the 13th. Happy Birthday!!! I'm sure there was a bit of a crossover between the old one and this one? I signed up 10 min after gerryboy! Had a quick flick through the members list there, a blast from the past!!! 8)

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:56 pm
by El Macca
Happy Birthday to a great wee corner of the Internet 8) :D

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:23 am
by Bumpy Dog
:mrgreen:

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:33 am
by Devotchik
The old green Sony one with the "interactive" Howdy game :lol:

Met some great people (and some not so great people) off these boards and I learnt a lot about music from everyone here, was a great place once and will always be fondly remembered.. Happy birthday board!! :)

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:42 am
by Nicene Creeder
We are all great people with keen hearing and a fondness for beautiful melodies. I miss that old Howdy board. Do you remember the SFNB page. Now I'm dating myself.

Devotchik wrote:The old green Sony one with the "interactive" Howdy game :lol:

Met some great people (and some not so great people) off these boards and I learnt a lot about music from everyone here, was a great place once and will always be fondly remembered.. Happy birthday board!! :)

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:24 pm
by JOHN S
belated board birthday wishes... late as usual... :D

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:53 pm
by Kowaldoc
Happy birthday fudbangers :D

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm
by Devotchik
Crikey.. I know there are 'elders' in the fanniehood (like yourself).. I only go back to 16/17 years of being a TFC fan on t'internet.. have the Vox/Select tape with the live version of Everything Flows around somewhere but never fully indulged til 2000ish.. so only the green Sony board I'm afraid.. I know Georgia, Sonia and others go way back to Newsgroups/ tree emails I think..

Nicene Creeder wrote:We are all great people with keen hearing and a fondness for beautiful melodies. I miss that old Howdy board. Do you remember the SFNB page. Now I'm dating myself.

Devotchik wrote:The old green Sony one with the "interactive" Howdy game :lol:

Met some great people (and some not so great people) off these boards and I learnt a lot about music from everyone here, was a great place once and will always be fondly remembered.. Happy birthday board!! :)

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:18 am
by terjely
I can't believe the new board is 14 years old. It's a good place to be, it's like enjoying a drink in a quiet pub. I like that. The Facebook group is more like a busy disco with loud music and kids dancing. It's brilliant to see that the band attract so many new fans. Keep the albums coming, Teenage Fanclub!

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:31 pm
by Georgia
Happy birthday dear old messageboard. :D I recall it being black/orange when I first started lurking around these parts.

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:20 pm
by neiljungfan
terjely wrote:I can't believe the new board is 14 years old. It's a good place to be, it's like enjoying a drink in a quiet pub. I like that. The Facebook group is more like a busy disco with loud music and kids dancing. It's brilliant to see that the band attract so many new fans. Keep the albums coming, Teenage Fanclub!


Well defined.

I'm in the Facebook group but never wrote a message, I feel like a latecomer, but here...this wee place is more comfortable.
Long live the board for the real fans :wink:

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:22 pm
by valtteri3
terjely wrote:I can't believe the new board is 14 years old. It's a good place to be, it's like enjoying a drink in a quiet pub. I like that. The Facebook group is more like a busy disco with loud music and kids dancing. It's brilliant to see that the band attract so many new fans. Keep the albums coming, Teenage Fanclub!


:D well said!

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:30 pm
by Georgia
terjely wrote:I can't believe the new board is 14 years old. It's a good place to be, it's like enjoying a drink in a quiet pub. I like that. The Facebook group is more like a busy disco with loud music and kids dancing. It's brilliant to see that the band attract so many new fans. Keep the albums coming, Teenage Fanclub!


If this were Facebook, I would "like" this. :D To me the FB group is like a polite tea-and-cakes social, where there is sometimes mild horror at musical criticisms or messageboard-rules standards of communication. Then again, there is a thread on here about the Quay sessions where there is some old-school banter which is reassuring.

Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:10 pm
by Devotchik
Have noticed some posts on the facebook group about new users wishing to register or old users not being able to log in.. looks like this place is still in demand after 14 or so years, ain't that great?

Hint hint admin.. let 'em in.. :)


Re: MESSAGEBOARD 14th BIRTHDAY!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:16 am
by clubFan
Happy 14th Birthday, oh current incarnation of the message board. We proud few will always recall the heady days of Tomfoolery's Dad's Ascendancy, Photoshop hijinks, and Guesties run amuck.

During the 2* NYC gigs in October, much fun was had reminiscing with *Heather*, PLC Mat and his secretary.

-----------------
* that's "dos" in Spanish for you Cali boarders.