I'm really digging NY's The Monsanto Years

I'm really digging NY's The Monsanto Years

Postby Nicene Creeder on Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:23 am

I'm really loving the new Neil Young album "The Monsanto Years". This is his 40th or so proper studio album and it is surprisingly his best in 25 years (his best songs since 2007, Chrome Dreams II's "The Way"). While the lyrics are not the cleverest I've heard, it's protest music and directed at the corporate machine and it really resonates with me. It's rockin'. This is rock n' roll for those over 30, 40, 50, 60, 70... It really takes on Monsanto, the corporate agro-chemical monster, Starbucks, Walmart, Safeway, lobbyists, Citizens United, et al. Songs like "People Want To Hear About Love", "A Rock Star Bucks A Coffee Shop" are just terrific. The music and complaint by the nearly 70 year old Neil, feels like a real complaint, a real protest, that people over the demo age of 27 can relate to. You don't have to be poor and 18 to feel corporate angst. It's genuine rock n' roll. 5 out of 5.

The corporate agrobusiness lobby, which has corrupted both parties, now has another bill pending in congress to prevent the individual states from regulating the labeling of food products with GMO's (DARK). Neil Young points out the Monsanto lawsuit against the People of the state of Vermont who wanted labeling of GMO's in their food, only to have the Supreme's overturn the People's will. I thought that Republicans were all about State's rights, not expanding federal protections of special interest. And of course, Democrats who thought they were about choice, saw clearly that Barak Obama was a product of the money system, as he was bought and purchased by the ag lobby when he signed the Monsanto Protection Act in 2013, clearly a human righsts violation (how else explain his rise in Iowa in 2008).

You can hear all of the songs in a movie online here: http://www.neilyoung.com/monsanto/
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Return to Message Board