So how does paper work?

So how does paper work?

Postby Nicene Creeder on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:42 pm

You bought it, but now you can't use it.
How does itunes work ('cause it's in the cloud)?

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/86953
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Re: So how does paper work?

Postby Devotchik on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:53 pm

Reassuringly there are vinyls I have bought that have had download codes included for mp3 versions of the songs.. maybe its something to consider with cd versions if they are serious enough about this? Enclose download codes, I know Amazon have Autorip cds, and Apple are of course, download only.

I remember how bloody annoying it was when buying a cd at the time when DRM was about and I couldn't rip it to listen to it on my ipod. Totally turned me away from buying artist music on cd that was DRM protected. I can understand music companies putting a digital tag in mp3s so that promotional stuff can't be passed around - I remember a friend who had been excitedly passing around a certain new promo cd (a Britpop band who had split several times and had finally reformed before they split again after said cd was released) being told off by the major record company for allowing it to be passed around and copied because they could trace back who had the copy originally due to the digital tag.. those kind of things serve a purpose. [And I think I have a Pastels album promo bought on eBay that I can play on cd but can't rip for fear of the same happening to the person who sold it].

I think its the same kind of argument they had back then for cds & DRM. Or maybe they'll just get rid of cds entirely.. but what do we do with the ones we have already??? :?
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Re: So how does paper work?

Postby Georgia on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:03 pm

Uh... how would they ever enforce this? I wouldn't expect this to go anywhere.
Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Return to Message Board