5 years ....

5 years ....

Postby El Macca on Thu May 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Five years ago today our great friend Tomtom passed away, seems so quick really - I do miss him on here, demanding that folk agree with him that " Its Too Late To Stop Now " is the best live album ever, that there's news about the next album / tour etc, on the News Page, winding up " guests and boarders alike, cd's dropping through my door from Bob Dylan and Neil Young to some Portuguese nose flute players, his highly " stylised " spelling and grammar - and p.m.'s demanding that I go to ATP gigs with him and ( hopefully ) a posse of nubile young females who'll willingly look after elderly " Indie " gentleman's requirements .... and his contention that his dug could take my dug ... sadly missed TT ... tEENAGE TeRRaces FOreVER

... it's no easy.
El Macca
pepperoni
pepperoni

Re: 5 years ....

Postby Big Bazza on Fri May 15, 2015 9:45 am

5 years - jeez. I still think of Tom often. I miss him a lot.
“Do as I say, not as I do” – The Hypocritic Oath © N Blake 2009
Big Bazza
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Gene_Clark on Fri May 15, 2015 1:55 pm

One of the very best there ever was!!
El Jodido Payaso de Mierda: pathetic moaning old bastard whose interests include Newcastle Benfield FC, UK Alternative rock band Teenage Fanclub, Literature, Ultra Left Wing Politics, Real Ale & scoring goals for Wallsend Boys' Club Over 40s.
Gene_Clark
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby musicmurray on Fri May 15, 2015 8:05 pm

The tribute night up the West End was a brilliant night.
so you get older every year
but you don't change
or i don't notice you changing
musicmurray
hot dog
hot dog

Postby DELBOY on Fri May 15, 2015 10:25 pm

time flies.......... :(
IF YOU THINK YOU'RE COOL AND YOU AIN'T NO FOOL DO THE CHICKEN CHICKEN DANCE WITH THE CLYDESMEN!

DELBOY
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Devotchik on Sat May 16, 2015 10:02 am

Time does fly. I remember Doug texted me the news. Kevin only posted the other week some photos of Tom on Facebook as it would've been his birthday.. He would've been 56 this year. Too young. RIP Tom. Still missed. What a great music teacher he was! And a great laugh!!
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby JOHN S on Sat May 16, 2015 10:51 am

wow i can't believe its 5 years. a wonderful gent who was a pleasure to know & very missed on this board& at tfc gigs. He does live on in his family & friends& on this board.
JOHN S
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sun May 17, 2015 1:57 am

It's gone quick. 5 years ago we were meant to be meeting up at the Camden Crawl, but the pub we'd arranged to meet at was closed for refurbishment, and I hadn't got a mobile number for him. So we never did meet. But I spied him now and then at the side of the stage, and was pleased he had a great view and was having a nice sit down.

It was a cold, wet day. Raining the whole time, rather like a couple of days we'd had this week. We went to a couple of nearby pubs to see if he went anywhere else but didn't find him, so we went back to Koko. We then planned to meet up 'next time' but unfortunately there wasn't a next time.
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Sparkly Diamond on Mon May 25, 2015 2:43 am

He was some guy.

I drove Tom from McSorley's on Jamaica Street to his house in Luton when I, luckily enough, was heading for London. It was a Sunday and I think there might have been train issues for him. Don't remember him taking a breath to stop talking or me being able to stop laughing either. Pulled up at his door to hear a huge scream from inside - I near shat myself but it was his family celebrating Everton beating Chelsea (if I remember rightly) in the cup semi-final.

I still have the CDs he had made for the journey, about eight of them, and everything else he sent me in the brief time I knew him. I like to think he listened to the stuff I gave him but that didn't really matter. I honestly feel privileged to have met Tom and I can't think of him without smiling.
I fear the worst.
Sparkly Diamond
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby MATT on Mon May 25, 2015 6:10 am

Great bloke...said he'd do you a cd and would end up sending about three, as he'd get excited about whatever he was listening to at the time! Lots of good natured barracking for forgetting to include a tracklist with one I sent him. I'll always remember him heckling Norman at Clapham Common, can't believe it's that long ago.
Ready with ready wit.
MATT
pepperoni
pepperoni

Return to Message Board