Dr Cosmos Tape Lab - Beyond The Silver Sea

Dr Cosmos Tape Lab - Beyond The Silver Sea

Postby ajsmith on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:36 am

https://drcosmostapelab.bandcamp.com/al ... silver-sea http://www.sugarbushrecords.com

‘BEYOND THE SILVER SEA’ is the amazing new phase sci-fi concept album by Glasgow's ‘DR COSMO’S TAPE LAB’. More than your workaday psyche album, ‘BEYOND THE SILVER SEA’ is an immersive pop experience that takes the listener on a sojourn from the push-button tumult of an imminent technopolis, through a labyrinthine subculture of promise and deception and onto the very limits of the unknown infinite, finding time for a detour into mid- 20th century London for the best pie mash and liquor in the omniverse!

DR COSMO’S TAPE LAB was hatched in 2013 through the timely match-up of psyche pop masters JOE KANE (The Owsley Sunshine, OnlyJoeKane) and STUART KIDD (BMX Bandits, The Wellgreen). Their chance meeting at a disappointing Todd Rundgren show that year led to the duo pooling forces to map out their own lexicon of Sci fi/Animal /Kitchen Cinq Pop, all recorded on an analogue 4-track tape system. Their resultant first album ‘EVER EVOLVING LOUNGE’ appeared in mid 2014 to the universal acclaim of blogs, radio programmers and music fans from all quarters. For the ambitious follow–up, BEYOND THE SILVER SEA, they have collaborated with tertiary band member ADAM SMITH (The Plimptons, Khaki Shorts comic) who provides narration and artwork to complete a truly singular project.

The album is released on silver vinyl by Sugarbush Records on the 30th March 2015 in a very limited pressing of 300 so it is advisable for the curious to order early to ensure they have the chance to join the adventure BEYOND THE SILVER SEA.

The band launch the album at Broadcast on Saucihehall Street tonight!
ajsmith
chipolata
chipolata

Re: Dr Cosmos Tape Lab - Beyond The Silver Sea

Postby duglas on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:48 am

It's a really brilliant album. I excited it's getting a proper release and I'm very happy to be singing a few songs at their album launch tonight :D
DUGLAS
duglas
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Rosario FC on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:05 pm

duglas wrote:It's a really brilliant album. I excited it's getting a proper release and I'm very happy to be singing a few songs at their album launch tonight :D

i'm going to order the album when i get paid next week, totally skinted or i else i wouldve went along tonight too
absolute belters they cunts
Rosario FC
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby paulsmartialarts on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Just listening to the new album for the first time, it's a cracker and a half...
paulsmartialarts
chipolata
chipolata

Postby duglas on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Buy it now :D
DUGLAS
duglas
currywurst
currywurst

Postby musicmurray on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:40 pm