TFC cover of Beatles "Rain"

TFC cover of Beatles "Rain"

Postby kinksfan29 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:36 pm

I've heard this song was played live in the early 90s. Anyone have an mp3 of their performance of it?
kinksfan29
hot dog
hot dog

Re: TFC cover of Beatles "Rain"

Postby davieboywonder on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:25 pm

If my memory is correct, they played it at Shepherd's Bush Empire on the Grand Prix tour in 1995. I think it was in the encore and Norman played bass. I also recall him putting some headphones on from the sound desk at the side of the stage as he was enjoying the flanger or phaser effects. That was also a gig where I recall Norman wearing his 'dancing slippers' :-). I have a ton of live stuff from over the years, but no version of 'Rain' anywhere.
davieboywonder
chipolata
chipolata

Postby terjely on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:42 pm

While waiting for a bootleg to surface, here are the mighty Fanny Magnets :D

Teenage Fanclub collection:
http://folk.uio.no/terjelyn/
terjely
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby kinksfan29 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:53 am

That was a pretty cool story wish I could've been there. Hopefully one day something will either show up or maybe Norman will perform it again live which would be pretty awesome. :D

davieboywonder wrote:If my memory is correct, they played it at Shepherd's Bush Empire on the Grand Prix tour in 1995. I think it was in the encore and Norman played bass. I also recall him putting some headphones on from the sound desk at the side of the stage as he was enjoying the flanger or phaser effects. That was also a gig where I recall Norman wearing his 'dancing slippers' :-). I have a ton of live stuff from over the years, but no version of 'Rain' anywhere.
kinksfan29
hot dog
hot dog

Postby ricv64 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:02 pm

I'm waitting for the Fannie Magnets to play a US tour

'what matchbook art school did you flunk out of, you ham-fisted, near-sighted, house painter?'-- C. Montgomery Burns
ricv64
currywurst
currywurst

Return to Message Board