Postby duglas on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Kim was a genuine one off.

DUGLAS
duglas
currywurst
currywurst

Re: R.i.P. Kim Fowley

Postby Devotchik on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:31 pm

I remember him most for B Bumble and The Stingers Nut Rocker.. Which I inherited from my brother on 45 and never made the connection til much much later when I heard about the connection with TFC and The Bandits.. But that's kinda how it is with Mr Fowleys projects because it wasn't unless you read it in an interview with either Kim or people he'd been involved with that you got a hint at how prolific his involvement with the industry was. From reading various peoples run ins with Kim Fowley over the years the stories were strange sounding but he was a character so you would come to accept those varying stories as part of his legend. RIP.
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby phil spector on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:02 pm

I wrote a wee bit about Kim Fowley a couple of months ago. Feel free to click on the link and have a read...

http://plainorpan.com/2014/11/18/high-kimpact/
phil spector
chipolata
chipolata

Postby giddyfool on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:19 am

Turns out, Kim was a vile raping sleazy paedophile cunt.

The below story contains triggers...

http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/arti ... ost-girls/
giddyfool
chipolata
chipolata

Postby giddyfool on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:40 pm

Eurgh. Also seems that before he died, he arranged for his corpse to be photographed with some nude model for the cover of some magazine called Girls and Corpses.

Word of caution… many will consider the following article disturbing and/or tasteless. That being said… who are we to stand in the way of music maven Kim Fowley’s dying wish? Read on at your own risk.

We told you a few weeks ago that back in 2012, Kim Fowley (record producing prodigy of The Runaways and a massive fan of Girls and Corpses Magazine, who had attended and hosted dozens of events for the newsstand magazine) decided what he wanted to do after he died. He wished to: “Have [his] freshly dead body photographed for the cover of Girls and Corpses Magazine with a couple hot fetish models.” The photoshoot was planned to take place upon his death, and a photographer was hired. The plan was set, and Kim, who was gravely ill for several years, made sure his attorney put this into his will.

Well… shoot happens.

Girls and Corpses Publisher/Deaditor-in-Chief Robert Steven Rhine explains, “It was no easy task, but we were able to get ahold of Kim Fowley’s cadaver secretely while ‘in transit’ and photographed him with fetish model Jin N Tonic in his body bag. We only had about ten minutes to shoot the corpse. It was crazy! But I’m happy to fulfill Kim Fowley’s dying wishes, as odd as they were.”

Model Jin N Tonic adds, “This is by far the craziest thing I’ve ever done, but I jumped at the chance. I thought the body would smell. But it was really cold where we shot so it wasn’t too bad. I’m happy to make this rock star’s dream come true and give Kim his last wish.”

The pictures are online (bizarrely with the model's nipples with little stars over them , 'cause, yeah, you're going to get offended by those) if you want to look for them, although there is some debate over their legitimacy.
giddyfool
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Devotchik on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:05 am

Girls and Corpses is a parody magazine.. its like the Fantasmagoria horror SFX magazine crossed with Mad magazine and Playboy.. the nipples are the only real things in any of the pictures.. :|
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Nicene Creeder on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 pm

Fuchs/Fox is not backing down with her claim. I believe her story.
And I also believe that Jett and even Currie may not have really known what was going on (Fowley was the king of stunts) and this kind of shit was right up his alley (belittle, dehumanize your pets and they will treat you as master - which is what he wanted).
Sex, drugs, rock n roll sometimes equals rape, death and not so good music.

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/60361-the-r ... llegation/
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Return to Message Board