Square Eyes ...

Re: Square Eyes ...

Postby Rosario FC on Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Just as you'd expect from Guillermo Del Toro, lots of scares, creepiness and squishy horror!

absolute belters they cunts
Rosario FC
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Devotchik on Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:51 am

Celeb Big Brother (I wanted Callum Best to win it)
Had to watch the final show online as Virgin Media are useless.. never watch much tv stuff usually an arts & factual doc type!
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:23 pm

Devotchik wrote:Celeb Big Brother (I wanted Callum Best to win it)
Had to watch the final show online as Virgin Media are useless.. never watch much tv stuff usually an arts & factual doc type!

Watched the last few eps of Big Brother yesterday. It's sad that all Katie Hopkins has to do is not be quite such a fucking bitch as we think she is to be labelled the nation's sweetheart, makes me sick. I hate everything she stands for, vile woman.

Also watched the first 2 eps of Fortitude. Like it alot. I don't understand much at this point, but I like it anyway! Reminded me a bit of Les Revenants with a not quite as good soundtrack.
I LOVE my TFC umbrella! :-)
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby El Macca on Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Homeland Series 1 - 4 done in less than a month ... excellent stuff. Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin both give some amazing performances throughout ...
... it's no easy.
El Macca
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby El Macca on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:20 pm

... I am the only person in the world still watching Treme aren't I :|
... it's no easy.
El Macca
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Ruthiepoos on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:25 am

Never watched Treme.

Enjoyed Fortitude, but not the best thing I've ever seen.

Game of Thrones on, didn't download the eps that were leaked online though!

Also bingewatching the new Daredevil series, I love it!
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Devotchik on Fri May 01, 2015 6:41 pm

Anarchy of Manchester series on Sky's catch up service rehashes quality footage from Tony Wilson's So It Goes series.. Worth checking out if you can find it. Sky Arts.
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Devotchik on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Ever regretted buying something that you were excited about getting but when you finally get it you think why did you bother?

Yep, thats how I feel a bit when watching those dud XFiles filler episodes 'cept I bought the flamin 55 disc boxset didn't I.. :roll:
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Devotchik wrote:Ever regretted buying something that you were excited about getting but when you finally get it you think why did you bother?

Yep, thats how I feel a bit when watching those dud XFiles filler episodes 'cept I bought the flamin 55 disc boxset didn't I.. :roll:

What series you on D? There were a few oddly not interesting ones early on, among some stellar classics. They get fewer later on though and even the smaller eps have something to progress the whole story.

I'm still jealous! :D

I was out of work for a week and I've binge watched the English language version of the The Returned, surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Followed by The Tunnel, which is the French/English version of The Bridge (which I didn't realise till I started watching it randomly, I've always wanted to watch The Bridge now I'm not sure if I should :-/) but I loved The Tunnel regardless.

Now we're binge watching Parks and Recreation, which I am loving. So funny.

The rest of The League next! :D
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby karen chicago on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:03 am

El Macca wrote:Homeland Series 1 - 4 done in less than a month ... excellent stuff. Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin both give some amazing performances throughout ...

Oh - my yes - I added Showtime to my cable for a few months to Catch up with Homeland Season 4. Epsiode 9 WOW - can't imagine what the next few episodes will be like. Excellent writing.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/23/homeland-recap_n_6206150.html

Do you get the show Episodes with Tamsin Greig and Stephen Mangan and Matt LeBlanc? Or the new show called HappyIsh with Steve Coogan? All on Showtime here.

will say I am a sucker for Inspector Morse character and the new ( for us ) Endevour also Lewis series. Read somewhere Patti Smith is fond of tv mysteries too. Just found this article she is currently writing a mystery novel.

http://www.aux.tv/2011/01/patti-smith-to-release-mystery-novel/
(I'm not selling out my imagination, I'm a citizen of the human nation)
karen chicago
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Ruthiepoos on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:40 am

Yes! Love Episodes.

Currently catching up with Parks and Recreation. Every episode Andy does or says something that reminds me of my nephew. I love Parks and Rec, but this is very strange.

This time around the buzz is very quiet about True Detective. Unless everyone is downloading from the states and I've missed the chatter. 1st ep was not great. The first series I remember not knowing a hell of a lot about what was going on but was fascinated none the less, happy to watch the story reveal itself. I am half way through episode 2 of the second series, and it is much better than the first episode, but I just don't feel compelled to watch again like I did with series one.
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Devotchik on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:16 pm

Ruthiepoos wrote:
Devotchik wrote:Ever regretted buying something that you were excited about getting but when you finally get it you think why did you bother?

What series you on D? There were a few oddly not interesting ones early on, among some stellar classics. They get fewer later on though and even the smaller eps have something to progress the whole story.

I'm still jealous! :D

Haven't watched it since.. although to be fair I will soon have lots of time on my hands to watch it.. but only if I get bored and have nothing better to do.. :o

Don't be.. :shock:
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Devotchik on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:48 am

House of Cards.. can't wait for Season 5! :o

Better Call Saul.. season 2 8)

Narcos.. season 1 :shock:

XFiles reboot.. :mrgreen:

Sinatra: All or Nothing at All.. two parter.. :|
Devotchik
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Ruthiepoos on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:42 am

Oooh very excited for Better Call Saul series 2 and Daredevil series 2!

Just finished spending the last couple of months re-watching all the X-files from the beginning, including the 2 films, I didn't realise I'd only watched a couple of episodes from the last 2 series so missed loads, so it kinda makes more sense this time around. I liked the film everyone slagged off too. This week we watched the new series, liked it, but it's too short, so the story arch feels really crammed in, whereas in the previous series little clues were dropped in each episode, sometimes you didn't even know they were clues. I loved the gradual reveal. But this series was so short there was just no time. I hope it gets renewed and gets more episodes.

And what's happened to Scully's voice? She sounds like she's whispering all the time, and like she smokes 40 a day.
Ruthiepoos
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby pinball on Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:03 pm

Line of Duty 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"What's this?"
"What's what?"
"No. Who's who. But you were close"
pinball
"tom is a sex god" - Beyonce Knowles