Postby oldtrafford on Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:43 pm

that is very sad news

really touching this..

rip.
oldtrafford
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Stew on Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:04 pm

I don't think I ever met Gary, but it's really sad to lose someone who clearly lived for music and his family. The Stooges review is great. He was clearly a dude of the highest order:
"I am hit full force in the chest by one of these pricks who arrives from nowhere. He then received a good bashing with my walking stick. Keep that shit for your crap metal bands, arsehole, or get the fuck out of here!"
Yeah!
Beard: music, arts and facial hair
http://beardmag.blogspot.com
Stew
andouillette
andouillette

Postby guest on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:48 pm

Yes, he wrote the Stooges Review, and his mate Grahame wrote the second part. Never even knew that existed!

He worked in Avalanche Records most recently, and was there in fact the day that he died.

Walked out the door, waved his hand in the air and shouted "See Ye Later Guys!"
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Re: Gary Barrett RIP

Postby Bumpy Dog on Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:52 pm

Just saw this old thread. Gary was a fixture at most of the gigs I went to during the 80's. He was always, always in the possession of his tape recorder, tucked inside a leather jacket and he was recognisable because he usually stood in the same manner, right arm holding the mic against his chest just under his chin. I remember (memory, hmmm- 80's was a while ago and my drink of choice was Snakebite) Gary at the Heathery in Wishaw taping Red Lorry Yellow Lorry whilst standing on top of a stool. Gary liked a drink too and was pished, so I spent most of the gig propping him up.

RIP Gary. I hope someone deserving got his bootleg collection.
Bumpy Dog
currywurst
currywurst

Previous

Return to Message Board