Page 162 of 162

Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:18 pm
by Devotchik
Paul Strand. Blind. 1916.

Image

Strand would take photographs of his subjects using an altered camera. He'd fix a mirror somehow to the lens so that his subjects would be unaware and think he was pointing his camera at a water hydrant or something else but them.

Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:33 am
by Rubber_Ring
Devotchik wrote:He'd fix a mirror somehow to the lens so that his subjects would be unaware and think he was pointing his camera at a water hydrant or something else but them.

Somehow I think she wouldn't notice anyway. :|

Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:33 am
by Devotchik
Rubber_Ring wrote:
Devotchik wrote:He'd fix a mirror somehow to the lens so that his subjects would be unaware and think he was pointing his camera at a water hydrant or something else but them.

Somehow I think she wouldn't notice anyway. :|


Yeah.. but she was just one of a many subjects he took that way I guess :|

Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:32 pm
by Richard67
Maybe, just maybe, the greatest rock/pop photograph ever taken 8) 8) 8) :wink:

Image

Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:19 pm
by Devotchik
Today, for International Womens Day.. a photo from 1935. My grandmother and my mother..

Image

Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:46 pm
by Nicene Creeder
50 years ago today, Bob Dylan crashed his Triumph and then disappeared for a year recovering before working on what would became the Basement Tapes.

Image

Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:44 pm
by bluflower
from my midday walk around Arlington....


Image

Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:34 am
by Nicene Creeder
I wish we had better candidates and could get all of the corporate soft money out of the election process.

bluflower wrote:from my midday walk around Arlington....


Image

Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:09 pm
by bluflower
I wish we had better candidates too!
It's been challenging the past few days as I absorb all the stress around me between the election and work related issues. I'll be anxious all day!

Nicene Creeder wrote:I wish we had better candidates and could get all of the corporate soft money out of the election process.


Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:05 am
by Nicene Creeder
Maybe Watson Image
Now we have to say President Trump.

bluflower wrote:I wish we had better candidates too!
It's been challenging the past few days as I absorb all the stress around me between the election and work related issues. I'll be anxious all day!

Nicene Creeder wrote:I wish we had better candidates and could get all of the corporate soft money out of the election process.


Re: photograph of the day

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:42 pm
by Richard67
Image