100%
Liam's the man..
No votes

Total votes : 12

LIAM - I'VE WRITTEN A SMASH!

Postby Devotchik on Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:29 pm

LIAM - I'VE WRITTEN A SMASH!

(NME.COM)

LIAM GALLAGHER has written a song inspired by his brief spell behind bars - and is confident of it turning up on the next OASIS album!

The singer previewed the track – given the working title of ’They Ain't Got Nothing On Me, They Ain't Got Nothing On You’ - to The Who singer Roger Daltrey backstage at one of last week's Teenage Cancer Trust gigs. He told The Sun (March 31): "I'm really pleased with it but it's not finished."

The lyric boasts: "I'm out on bail/ I'm out of jail/ Hear my song, sing along." Liam was arrested and imprisoned alongside three members of the band's crew following a punch-up at the Bayerischer Hof Hotel, Munich, last December. He was only released after paying an estimated £180,000 police bail. Liam lost his two front teeth in the incident and required £2,000 of dental treatment.
Devotchik

Postby siobhan's dad on Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:33 pm

Reckon the chorus will sound a bit like "All I want for Christmas is my Two front teeth"?
If this were the Seine, we'd be very suave;
But it's just the rain, washing down the boulevard.
siobhan's dad
kielbasa
kielbasa

Postby Debbie on Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:34 pm

didn't know he'd learned to write yet!
Debbie
hot dog
hot dog

Postby tomtom on Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:34 am

i think he should write a whole concept album around it and maybe do it as a solo venture. i can see it now, maybe get webber to write the music !!!
" SUCKIN' DIESEL, SUCKIN' DIESEL "
tomtom
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Devotchik on Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:40 am

Not webber.. Ben Elton..
Devotchik

Postby tomtom on Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:42 am

jeesus tat go to bed will ya.
" SUCKIN' DIESEL, SUCKIN' DIESEL "
tomtom
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Narodnaia Volia on Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:11 am

where is the THEY ARE BOTH SHIT option in this poll?

Tell both of them to listen to Did I Say and give up on their musical career...
Maui Image
Narodnaia Volia
pepperoni
pepperoni

Re: LIAM - I'VE WRITTEN A SMASH!

Postby bithead on Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:00 am

Songbird is ok for me.but can't judge only form his big mouth.maybe it's a smash,maybe trash.

last time I went to their GIG in japan last year,Liam was so pissed off,he left stage after sang first 7 songs,never come back.then noel started his solo acoustic set.(include cover of Bittet Sweet Symphony)lot of people was booing,but I really enjoyed his solo even I went OASIS's gig.so I slightly realized OASIS means noel for me.lots of my fave track of them by noel like Don't look back~ or Talk Tonight etc...

So my vote is going to Noel.

bithead :D
Last edited by bithead on Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youth is not a time of life, it's a state of mind.

http://teenagefanclub.jugem.cc/
bithead
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Narodnaia Volia on Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:17 am

then noel started his solo acoustic set

The only good thing in this band is Liam's voice... Noel sings horribly. They played twice in brazil, one for the What The Story and another for Be Here Now... i decided not to go because they talk too much crap and are far too arrogant... and if i'm to swallow my pride to see arrogant people i would do it only for J&MC

Noel is certainly NOT a good songwriter, he takes his influences too deep and end up copying other people's songs. His lyrics are almost taken from a beatles biography/discography. However, i used to like them but they got so bad that now i dislike them... I never thought i would say this, but i rather listen to Coldplay that the new Oasis stuff.
Maui Image
Narodnaia Volia
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby futoko on Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:26 pm

[quote="Narodnaia Volia

Noel is certainly NOT a good songwriter

[/quote]

not looking for an argument or anything, but this statement seems a little harsh. if you don't like the guy or his band or his music, that's fine. i think most would agree he is at least okay at writing songs. the first album alone is proof enough.
futoko
chipolata
chipolata

Postby retlivdead on Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:41 pm

Oasis are a great band, and as for Liam's arrogance, in a world of pleasant celebrity yes men like Chris Martin, Will Young and David Beckham I think we need Liam as much now as we did 9 years ago. Is he arrogant or just telling the truth, if Coldplay decided to say a few more things, rather than boring us with is he isn't he knobbing Gwyneth Paltrow, they may even seem slightly interesting!!
retlivdead
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Narodnaia Volia on Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:57 am

not looking for an argument or anything, but this statement seems a little harsh. if you don't like the guy or his band or his music, that's fine. i think most would agree he is at least okay at writing songs. the first album alone is proof enough.

I didn't slag him off or anything... just said he isn't a good songwriter, i don't think this is harsh.
I do like their 1st album, and even the 2nd. But as i said, he doesn't know how to use his influences. Recently he's been copying his own old songs. For me this shows he is not a good songwriter, he might have been inspired at times, but i find him quite talentless i'm afraid. This is obvious a personal view from a person who's been listening to them since Supersonic, is not as if i was just ranting him for nothing.

I think we need Liam as much now as we did 9 years ago. Is he arrogant or just telling the truth

People shouldn't be arrogant doesn't matter how silly others around you are. Arrogance is stupidity in disguise. I'm not saying Chris Martin is cool or not, i don't even like Coldplay (i actually dislike them as well), but i wouldn't say anything bad about him as a person, only that his music is boring (e.g)
The world is a shitty place, being arrogant will only make it more difficult... anyway, that's what i think... sorry if my views on Noel and Liam offended any fan of the band, it wasn't my intention, honestly.
Maui Image
Narodnaia Volia
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby WearsDenim on Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:51 am

Ah NV, as much as I agree with some of what you say, I think we DO need Liam Gallagher. Why? Cause he's funny as. He's like a rock n roll cartoon character, his interviews are just fantastic and on stage he drips charisma.

While some other people try and act arrogant and posture on stage, Liam just appears to be this way.I'd never have him as a friend or even want to meet him but as rock n roll star he's top class.

Noel was a great songwriter (Slide Away remains a real favourite of mine), but I havent heard anything for ages we suggests he still is. Little By Little is a joke, isnt it?
Just kick my feet off the ground, I'll embrace the sky
WearsDenim
chorizo
chorizo

Postby futoko on Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:01 pm

well, some yay, some nay, isn't that how it always is?

i couldn't even get the quotes to work properly. perhaps my poor presentation is symbolic.
futoko
chipolata
chipolata

Return to Message Board