11%
Did I Say
50%
Love them all the same, of course
17%

Total votes : 18

Why do I feel,...

Postby Narodnaia Volia on Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:23 pm

... after listening to World'll Be Ok, Empty Space, Did I Say, that the boys' next album will be the best thing i've ever heard in my life?

i just got the album today... :cry: am a terrible fan
Maui Image
Narodnaia Volia
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby WearsDenim on Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:27 pm

The other two are good songs (still dont think they quite deserve a place on a Best Of) but "Did I Say" is simply a beautiful song.

"The sun on your back..."
Just kick my feet off the ground, I'll embrace the sky
WearsDenim
chorizo
chorizo

Postby pinball on Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:03 pm

Well obviously they are all amazing but "Empty Space" seems to say something to me about my own little workaday humdrum existence wanting more from life. Just recently Gerry's been my favourite by quite a long way.

Maybe if I ever get more I'll be thinking about the lakes where people I care about learned to swim. And just at the moment it's hard to see how the world'll be okay either, but Ray's a smarter man than I, so I defer to his judgement.
"What's this?"
"What's what?"
"No. Who's who. But you were close"
pinball
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Renegade#10 on Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:07 pm

aint heard 'em. broke, can't afford the album. have issues with file-sharing. so sue me.
Renegade#10

Postby Narodnaia Volia on Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:23 pm

Empty Space" seems to say something to me about my own little workaday humdrum existence wanting more from life.

:( i was so amazed by the songs that i didn't pay attention to the lyrics yet... and as am not an english speaker, it needs much attention to understand every work they sing, especially in Empty Space, as it's not very clear what he says.

I could do with some lyrics, but i can't find any website with the yet.

I know exactly what you mean about 'workaday humdrum existence wanting more from life', even tho i have no idea what humdrum means, i feel sort of the same.
Maui Image
Narodnaia Volia
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby retlivdead on Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:43 pm

"Did I say" and "The World Will Be Ok" are two of the greatest songs recorded by any band ever!! I couldn't pick a favourite cos i love them both for different reasons. "Empty Space" is a great song but we all know Gerry can write an anthem in his sleep so I feel a little disappointed by it. And at a push I'd say overall Gerry is my favourite TFC songwriter!
retlivdead
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Georgia on Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:37 pm

retlivdead wrote:... "Empty Space" is a great song but we all know Gerry can write an anthem in his sleep so I feel a little disappointed by it...

It pains me to pretty much agree with you, here. I wouldn't say I'm exactly disappointed by it, but..... Because, I'm also with you on the following:
retlivedead wrote: ...And at a push I'd say overall Gerry is my favourite TFC songwriter!...

I hate to sound like an ingrate. :cry:

Anyway, my vote goes to The World'll Be OK. I think it's Raymond's best, to date. Kind of breaks with their traditional sound. Did I Say is beautiful, though.
Georgia
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Brutus on Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:17 pm

retlivdead wrote: "Empty Space" I feel a little disappointed by it!

Aye, it's crap - let's get him! :x
Brutus

Postby Narodnaia Volia on Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:05 am

couldn't pick a favourite cos i love them both for different reasons. "Empty Space" is a great song but we all know Gerry can write an anthem in his sleep so I feel a little disappointed by it. And at a push I'd say overall Gerry is my favourite TFC songwriter!

I got the CD on the post when i arrived in the office and had to wait till lunch time to listen to it. So when i heard the 1st lines of The World'll be Ok i knew it was the best song Ray's done so far... i was really happy and was smilling silly on the DLR... so silly that i got in the wrong train and missed 30 minutes of my lunch time jumping from train to train to get back to where i wanted to go. I was a bit disappointed with Empty Space because i was expecting Gerry to create something even better than the songs in Howdy, but even tho the song is great (and i really mean it) i was too impressed by Rays.

I don't know which of the guys is my fave songwriter, i just don't know. Hubby always liked Norm best and after Did I Say he said he will never ever like a song again,... they all sound like crap compared to it.
Maui Image
Narodnaia Volia
pepperoni
pepperoni

Return to Message Board