One on the black?

One on the black?

Postby teen89 on Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:25 am

When playing pool, if you miss a ball, pot the white etc and the guy your playing against only has the black left, should he get one or two shots on the black?
teen89
chipolata
chipolata

Postby stuart r on Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:41 am

Definetely 2 on the black. Can never understand people playing one on the black as the opponent who is lagging behind can play foul shots on purpose safe in the knowledge that the player on the black won't benefit, thus earning 2 shots for himself, clearing up and me being an effing fiver down!
stuart r

Postby jodyqq on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:27 am

amazing how this is still a subject after all these years--depends on who`s losing I suppose!

different rules apply for everybody,but it should be 2 shots on the black.
jodyqq

Postby john on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:30 am

Nah, 2 shots on the black is for the ladies. 1 shot only. If you can't pot it, or don't trust your arm to keep it straight, knock it safe.
john
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby namni at work on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:26 pm

it's definitely one on the black round these parts. any attempt by the opposing player to cheat should be dealt with by means of a crack round the noggin, mid-shot.
namni at work

Postby stuart r on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:26 pm

ok, knock it safe. The other guy can then play a foul shot that puts you in an impossible snooker, he then gets 2 shots and reaps the benefit of his own original foul........unless you play that other dodgy rule of picking the white ball up and placing it where you want after a foul.

2 on the black or I'm not playing
stuart r

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:42 pm

two shots is all very well, but do you need to play up the table or down the table after the white has been potted?
:?

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:02 pm

must play down the table, 2 shots!

but do you name the pocket for the black? :?

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:07 pm

when your opponent plays a nice shot, do you stomp the cue on the floor twice, chap the side of the table, or put your keys between your teeth and rattle them? i'm never sure... :oops:

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:07 pm

i fucking hate playing with anyone who picks up the white. i'm not to keen on dicks who do 'freeball' shots as well. utter wankers. please excuse the swearing.

Postby ice cream man on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:16 pm

having to double the black in is a good way to finish.

I hate 'winner stays on', especially when people i don't know insist on enforcing it.

bastards

icm
I see tomorrow in her eyes, and where my future lies, so I don't need a crystal ball, at all because i've seen tomorrow in her eyes.
ice cream man
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:18 pm

Whats supposed to happen when your does a 'granny'?......do you need to pull your trousers down and walk round the table so evryone can laugh at you? :oops:

This is so unfair if your opponent pots every ball from the break and you didnt even get to play a shot. :(

Postby Ki Wi on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:29 pm

Though if you play American Pool you usually bomb the guys country
Ki Wi

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:40 pm

ICM wrote

I hate 'winner stays on', especially when people i don't know insist on enforcing it.

you're obviously crap at pool ICM. I hate it when crap pool players are playing and a game last 2 hours. Its like listening to crap karoke singers. they're having fun but everyone fucking hates them and cant wait for them to get to fuck. :o I can jut see ICM and mrs titty hogging the table down the local retrieving the ball for the tenth times from under chairs and tables. the young sharks inthe corner getting meaner and meaner. :D

Postby i hate scotland on Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:04 pm

2 on the black. None of that doubling the black/moving the white/naming a pocket/playing down the table pish. If your opponent deliberately snookers you by fouling then you get a free shot (or alternatively, consult him with 'square go ootside?').

They play that winner stays on malarkey in Sleazy's. But it suits me down to the ground, because it means I don't have to stop playing...and I get games for free :D
When you're tired, and there's nothing in your head
When you're tired, and feel like going to bed,
Write what you're thinking, and you'll find,
You've left a special message behind.
i hate scotland
chorizo
chorizo

Next

Return to Message Board