Final Presidential Debate

Postby Andy C on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:44 am

Thanks again for context, Georgia. It's a free market - isn't it? Look at the price of drugs in the USA and Canada ... and you might decide that all markets are free, but some are more free than others.

In terms of states managing health care, you might be interested in this article by the Yale academic Theodore Marmor on the Oregon project for rationing of health care at state level.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... rtid=81116
Andy C

Postby Nicene Creeder on Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:28 am

No market is free when regulations are written by the regulated and where the government protects patents and copyright. There is nothing wrong with regulation or protecting someones ideas, it's just that in this country the lawyers and the corporations are swine with an empty stomach. Big corporations become bigger by driving smaller companies out of business, typically with exessive over regulation.

John Edwards has made millions of dollars sticking it to medical insurers, hospitals, doctors and nurses. The best health care plan Kerry could come up with is to send Edwards and his ilk to Iraq.

And the last time I checked the skies I don't remember seeing storks delivering babies at the door steps of expectant parents. The birth date is really the only means of the king to tax his subjects. Whether you like it or not, you are quite alive for up to nine months before you escape the plantation, err womb or tomb, whichever you prefer. Until you are emancipated through delivery, you are property. Human beings are not property. I think John Kerry needs to go back and read the XIII Amendment to the US Constitution, "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation." The Constitution does not grant to the people the right to kill human beings, though it does grant the authority to the Congress to declare war in Article I, Section 8. The Declaration of Independence states that "all men are created equal", not born equal.
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Previous

Return to Message Board