Moldova 1 Scotland 1

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:It looks like Berti will jack it in next week according to TV.

Do they have a house going spare in Balamory?
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby siobhan's dad on Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:
siobhan's dad wrote:
Couple of points here.

1. Berti Vogts is a poor manager of the Scotland team. Fact.
2. Craig Gordon is a much better keeper than David Marshall. Fact.
3. Why are you bothered? The Republic of Ireland won.

Whit??

1. Berti Vogts is a manager of a poor Scotland team. The poorest ever, probably.
2. Ofcourse he is. He proved that with his towering performance against Slovenia and Norway. Much better than Marshall's performances against Barcelona, saving a penalty against Ronaldinho, making consistently awe-inspiring saves against European opposition, Rangers etc. etc.
3. Fud. So Celtic supporters/Catholics aren't allowed to support Scotland and all have to support Eire? I bet you've even got some racist jokes about potatoes and famines.

1. Vogts is adding to the problems. Ask yourself this ... do Northern Ireland have better players than Scotland at present? Would Scotland have scored 3 times against Austria last night? I am no Vogts-hater, but he's nae good and that's pretty fuckin' obvious. And I dinnae need Charlie Nick to tell me, I can see it myself.

2. Craig Gordon is probably the best keeper in Scotland at present (with the exception of Stefan Klos). Look at his goals against this season. He's never shipped 3 goals playing for Scotland (Marshall has) and he hasnae scored an international (own) goal. Marshall has. Marshall played a blinder in last seasons Barca tie, sure. But how many did he concede against Barca the other week? Remind me. 3 goals, right? Gordon hasnae looked that good for Scotland the last couple of games, granted, but he's in on merit, and no' because of who he plays for. Put Marshall in next, nae problem. But don't say Marshall's better than Gordon when all the facts (goals against) say he isn't.

3. Lighten up. You come on here and accuse Guidi of being an Orangeman / Hun / Rangers sycophant. That's G-u-i-d-i ... think about it. It's open season on huns but have a go at the other side of the Old Squirm and it's a fuckin' call Roger Cook and the United Nations job. I can look any of my Irish or Catholic friends / relatives in the eye so dinnae gimme any of that fuckin' crap you tosspot. Come on here and cut n' paste shite about the Scotland set up and I'll pick you up on your Celtic bias whether you want to infer I'm a dirty orange bastard afterwards or not.

And you'll no doubt cuff us on Saturday, but I dinnae give a shit. I am who I am, and I support who I support, whether you like it or not.

Rant over.

And I'm man enough to put my name to my rant.
If this were the Seine, we'd be very suave;
But it's just the rain, washing down the boulevard.
siobhan's dad
kielbasa
kielbasa

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:00 pm

hear hear!

hail hail.

Postby dougbrown93 on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:02 pm

Very well put boabster. Point 3 is especially eloquent :wink:
Hey Kids You Better Shape Up
Cos The Hits Are Always Gonna Hurt
dougbrown93
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:20 pm

Is it not worrying that the 2 teams which so obviously dominate our league, media and everything else are hardly represented in the Scotland team? As Martin O'Neill and Alex McLeish await the millions potentially on offer come January they will scour Europe for 'top-class' players and further dampen the opportunities of the Scottish youngsters at the clubs who will leave to go to teams where they have a greater chance of first team football (more and more often in the lower English leagues). Scotland then calls on players who don't play at the highest level to perform for their country.
As for Walter Smith as a potential Scotland manager!! Every year when Rangers were running away with the league title they were doing shit all in Europe, constantly losing goals to teams from set pieces.

However, the worst thing about Scottish football has to be Scotsport.

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:53 pm

Come on here and cut n' paste shite about the Scotland set up..

this is bang on. the guy cut and paste a lot of shite that he spent time editing in word!

I see no point going on about the fact that the current scottish players are so poor. There is no argument with that and its no excuse for the way Vogts has the team playing. They look dispirited in every game and that is the managers problem. Does anyone understand what Berti is on about when he speaks after each game?. He is on another planet.

SD, you put that diddy in his place alright but you did stir it up a bit with the Republic comment. Very naughty!

Guidi's 'background' is celtic. He is/was a celtic fan. He played for celtic boys club and they released him at 16. he was a goalkeeper. I would say he is more interested in his career now than taking any sides though. He is also a diddy.

Postby weeeddiemcludgie on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:56 pm

get bertie tae fuck
get marshall in nets
bring back hanging
hang the sfa
stop watchin' football
have a bath
go tae bed
wake up
yadda yadda yadda
weeeddiemcludgie
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby DrMarten on Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:43 pm

Craig Brown is on the dole again after my team quite rightly sacked him. He did not do too badly when he managed Scotland, would you have him back?
Bless my heart and soul, I'm already there
DrMarten
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:47 pm

Anonymous wrote:
two left feet wrote:I think it would be a good idea to appoint an interim manager - a complete diddy

gazz?

:shock:

Postby Steve S on Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:58 pm

DrMarten wrote:Craig Brown is on the dole again after my team quite rightly sacked him. He did not do too badly when he managed Scotland, would you have him back?

I wouldn't. I would never go back. It never works out. And Brown was too much of a gentleman. His teams played without passion more often than not.

AND, he had far better players at his disposal than Vogts did. The thought of Brown in charge of the current lot keeps me awake at night.

It's gotta be Strachan.
w0000000000000000000t!
Steve S
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:04 pm

I dont think the hearts element in the scotland setup has worked in the world cup qualifiers. they're too blame I reckon when scotland eventually fail to qualify for the WC. it's their fault. mainly webster. whats that all about?

Postby Jock McScotland on Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:21 pm

Anonymous wrote:when scotland eventually fail to qualify for the WC.

at the moment the WC is the most suitable place for scotland and the tartan army whinging mingers.

:wink:
Jock McScotland

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:23 pm

this discussion was about international football. why did SD have to bring a sectarian flavour and his relatives into it. :o ok ..he's emotional over the draw. but dont you think he's letting his love of hearts get in the way of the fact that we got 1 point from 2 games; due in part to dodgy hearts goal keeping. its very admirable of him to defend the young culprit..but I say, get the youngun marshal in there. and what about under 21 scotland team of a few years back. the one that was looking full of promise and getting results, the one with all those celtic younguns in the team. :lol:

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:42 am

Whit??

2. Craig Gordon is probably the best keeper in Scotland at present (with the exception of Stefan Klos). Look at his goals against this season. He's never shipped 3 goals playing for Scotland (Marshall has) and he hasnae scored an international (own) goal. Marshall has. Marshall played a blinder in last seasons Barca tie, sure. But how many did he concede against Barca the other week? Remind me. 3 goals, right? Gordon hasnae looked that good for Scotland the last couple of games, granted, but he's in on merit, and no' because of who he plays for. Put Marshall in next, nae problem. But don't say Marshall's better than Gordon when all the facts (goals against) say he isn't.

how many caps has gordon had and who exaclty the fuck has he played against??????????? fucking nobody !!!!!!!!!!!!! blame marshall for loosing goals agaisnt hungary and you have fucking no brain what so ever , lets see how many gordon looses against a good team on saturday ya bunnet :twisted: :twisted:

[/quote]

Postby i hate scotland on Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:12 am

Trying to put our situation in another perspective; we have played 3 games and have 2 points. Having played the same number of games, Andorra in Group 1, who are 147th in the world, have 3 :D
When you're tired, and there's nothing in your head
When you're tired, and feel like going to bed,
Write what you're thinking, and you'll find,
You've left a special message behind.
i hate scotland
chorizo
chorizo

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board