Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

Metallica: Some Kind of Monster

Postby john on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:55 pm

Anyone seen this yet. A documentary about Metallica and their skrin during 'the recording process' for St Anger. Going to catch it tonight but it looks like a hoot. Rich rock stars 'resolving' their 'issues' and finding 'connections' within the band instead of 'conflict'. Cannae wait.
john
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Georgia on Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:50 pm

I thought of going to see it just for laughs (heaven knows the trailers were hilarious), but it's left my local theater. Let us know if there are any can't-miss Spinal Tap moments.
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby gerald on Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:18 pm

I read that James Hatfield would only eat grapes and work for 4 hours a day, for 6 months after leaving rehab.

Tap enuff 4 ya?
Sometimes there is nothing left to say except, "oh".
gerald
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Georgia on Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:50 pm

Only if he scrutinizes each grape for soundness and throws down the rejects in disgust. Red or green? With seeds or without? If he doesn't have a preference he's got nothing on Nigel.
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby john on Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:58 pm

Yeah, canned going to see it based on it being 2 and half hours long. I'm sure the joek'll be over in five minutes and then it'll just get tedious. Ill watch the DVD on Fast Forward.
john
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Rolf on Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:15 am

any band who sue their own fans for eagerly trying to download their stuff can kiss my fat ass to be honest.

the amount of money they make - and they litigate against fucking teenage music fans.

shame on them.

greedy shits.
Rolf

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:23 pm

Its worth a watch i suppose, its a bit too long though, funny in places but listening to the st anger songs is a bit arse clenching, theyre shite. i was waiting for them to break into Battery.

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:26 pm

Anonymous wrote:Its worth a watch i suppose, its a bit too long though, funny in places but listening to the st anger songs is a bit arse clenching, theyre shite. i was waiting for them to break into Battery.

Ah, Battery... when thrash was young and still relatively newish. It had everything, including the cliched acoustic guitar intro that broke into mayhem. What went wrong?
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:30 pm

aaah the good old days when the only place to see metal videos was at 4am on ITV on the Power Hour presented by Crusher and his dog bullseye. The good old days.

Return to Message Board