indie compilations

indie compilations

Postby jodyq on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:03 pm

why do they always tank in sales?

SFA new songbook--number 18, even Mwng hit the top 10.

Pulp --hits--missed the top 50

Pet shop boys (not quite indie but..)--pop--missed the top 40

where did all the fans go?
With the right kind of eyes,you can almost see the high watermark-the place where the wave broke and rolled back.
jodyq
pepperoni
pepperoni

Re: indie compilations

Postby beat on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:05 pm

why do they always tank in sales?

SFA new songbook--number 18, even Mwng hit the top 10.

Pulp --hits--missed the top 50

Pet shop boys (not quite indie but..)--pop--missed the top 40

where did all the fans go?

They bought all the albums already. :wink: beat
The one thing that would make the world alright today would be if Teenage Fanclub showed up to play a gig in my house.

http://www.myspace.com/beatkoenig
beat
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:09 pm

Too many people are downloading music for free and killing all the bands off. IT'S A FACT! YOU JUST CAN'T FUCKIN ARGUE WITH IT.

This isn't aimed at the folks on this board as we're music lovers one and all and we spend our fair share on cd's. It's all those free loading cunts who never put their hands in their pocket and take, take, take and put nothing back.

Postby Gogz on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:11 pm

Most SFA fans have probably got everthing on than singles compilation already and so aren't going to rush out to buy it in the week of release. That said, full marks to the Furries for not pulling the old "previously unreleased tracks"/limited edition ploy to shift a few more units.
Gogz
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby MATT on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:18 pm

Exactly. You're paying ten quid (at least) just for the artwork. These abnds don't appeal as much to the general public - who has ever heard SFA songs on the radio? :cry:
Ready with ready wit.
MATT
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Gogz on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:22 pm

Just been on amazon and I see the Furries comp is available in a limited edition pop-up sleeve. Money-grabbing Welsh gits :wink: I'll probably have to buy it now :D
Gogz
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby shaun on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:28 pm

the verve are releasing a best of soon.i already have everything on it except two new tracks.one i have on a demo cd,so am i going to pay 12 quid for one track?am i bollocks
i put my arm around her waist,she put me on the ground with judo.
shaun
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Georgia on Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:29 pm

Gogz wrote:Most SFA fans have probably got everthing on than singles compilation already and so aren't going to rush out to buy it in the week of release. That said, full marks to the Furries for not pulling the old "previously unreleased tracks"/limited edition ploy to shift a few more units.

:? Previously unreleased material is the absolute only way I'd ever buy such a compilation by a band whose other material I already have. Would I have bought 4766 Seconds if it hadn't had those three new tracks? Nope.
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby siobhan's dad on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:35 am

Gogz wrote:Just been on amazon and I see the Furries comp is available in a limited edition pop-up sleeve. Money-grabbing Welsh gits :wink: I'll probably have to buy it now :D

I bought the pop-up sleeve version. But why the fuck I did, I don't know, already got every fucking song on there. I also bought the DVD. Sad or what?

PS - anybody got any contacts in Rotterdam for Feyenoord tickets?
If this were the Seine, we'd be very suave;
But it's just the rain, washing down the boulevard.
siobhan's dad
kielbasa
kielbasa

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:21 am

I got the cheapie non-popup edition - two quid less and it would just sit on my shelf gathering dust anyway (after I'd imported the songs onto my comp).

Listened to it on the way in today - great sequence of songs from Play It Cool to Hello Sunshine. I suppose a big fan would say every one's a winner...
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Paul M on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:37 am

It's people like me who might buy the SFA comp as I have nothing by them but I am curious about them so I might this comp as an introduction to their stuff.

But sometimes I even avoid getting comps for that reason as I just think - if I'm going to buy all their albums eventually the comp will be redundant.

But mostly I don't buy comps if I have all or most stuff on there e.g. Supergrass is 10 and 4766 seconds....
Paul M
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Gogz on Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:46 pm

Paul M wrote:It's people like me who might buy the SFA comp as I have nothing by them but I am curious about them so I might this comp as an introduction to their stuff.

It is an excellent intro Paul and it's got "Ice Hockey Hair" on it, which isn't available on any other album. If you like the singles comp you'll probably end up wanting to get your hands on everything by them - there is excellent stuff on all their albums, a lot of it better than the singles.
Gogz
pepperoni
pepperoni

Return to Message Board