Bruce Palmer RIP.

Bruce Palmer RIP.

Postby JOHN S on Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:58 pm

Saturday, October 09, 2004

BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD BASS PLAYER DEAD AT 58

Undercover brought us this sad news this morning: “Bruce Palmer, the bass player for Buffalo Springfield, has died of a heart attack at the age of 58. Buffalo Springfield was one of the most important bands of the 60s, not so much for their own commercial success, but for the subsequent success even to this day by many of its members. The most high profile member was Neil Young. The band also featured Stephen Stills who would go on to perform again with Young in Crosby Stills Nash & Young and The Stills Young Band. Richie Furay went on to join Poco Palmer was the original bass player for the Buffalo Springfield but left before the band broke up and was replaced by Jim Messina, who later joined Kenny Loggins in Loggins & Messina. Palmer had less luck after leaving Buffalo Springfield. He was considered for bass player for Crosby Stills Nash & Young but was rejected because of opposition from David Crosby and Graham Nash. His one and only solo album The Cycle is Complete was released in the early 70s but surprised old Buffalo Springfield fans when it was just four long instrumental tracks. He appeared on Neil Young's Trans album and in the mid 80s put together Buffalo Springfield Revisited, but it was just himself and drummer Dewey Martin who were the original members. Band mate Furay has commented on his passing saying "There's not a person who listened to the Buffalo Springfield that wasn't drawn to the way he played bass. He made the music move. Bruce was truly a musician's musician. I consider it a privilege to have played with him in such a creative time in my life." Buffalo Springfield broke up in 1968. Neil Young continued to perform many of his songs written for the group in his solo act such as 'Mr Soul', 'I Am A Child' and 'Broken Arrow'. He continued to make reference to Buffalo Springfield in song. His 1996 album 'Broken Arrow' was named after their 1967 song and his 2000 album 'Silver and Gold' featured the song 'Buffalo Springfield Again'. In 2002, Buffalo Springfield were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It looked likely at the time that a reunion was a possibility but that fell apart when Neil Young failed to show up for the rehearsal he had agreed to do."

Friday, October 08, 2004
JOHN S
pepperoni
pepperoni

Re: Bruce Palmer RIP.

Postby bithead on Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:52 pm

spooky I just put "Again" onto my CD player before came BBS. :shock:

R.I.P
Youth is not a time of life, it's a state of mind.

http://teenagefanclub.jugem.cc/
bithead
currywurst
currywurst

Return to Message Board