Is Bush wearing a wire?

Is Bush wearing a wire?

Postby john on Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:23 am

Kinda looked like it to me.

Either way, I know I'm fairly dumb but I reckon I could've posted some better answers than he did at tonight's debate. He wavered, he repeated and when completely lost, he moved completely off subject.

Any US boarders fancy explaining why in some states stupidity is celebrated (i.e. why Bush gets any votes at all)?
Last edited by john on Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby The Christopher Myers on Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:19 am

john, i've been debating this for a long long while now and can't help fumble over myself when coming to a conclusion.
The Christopher Myers
hot dog
hot dog

Postby antaris on Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:33 am

When they cut to Bush while Kerry is speaking and he's, um, I guess he's trying to pay attention, his face is so unemotional. It looks like he's thinking, did I remember to walk the dog and pick up the drycleaning? I watched the reaction to the 1st debate and they discussed Kerry writing while Bush was talking and how distracting that was for viewers. Tonight he was doing it. I know I'm projecting onto him, but, it looks as though he's trying so hard to look like he's understanding what is being said. He must have had good practice while in school.
Sometimes Sam says yes, and sometimes Sam says no. Which will it be today?
antaris
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Devotchik on Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:35 am

I reckon Bush has some kind of learning difficulty or condition. (Not being harsh on anyone who has or knows anyone who has any kind of learning disorder or difficulty; I have dyscalculia, my eldest son is dyspraxic and my youngest brother has autism). It does look like he is dyspraxic; finds it hard to concentrate and keep his thoughts organised.

Apologies if I've offended anyone.
Devotchik

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:56 am

Tat, you are trisha for the indie kids

Postby Georgia on Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:09 pm

Re: Bush's facial expressions last night, he was probably told by his advisers not to scowl like he did throughout the first debate. But at the same time, he's got to look interested in the questions, etc. I guess it's a fine line for him and his face to walk. The writing? I thought I saw both of them taking notes throughout both debates. I didn't find it distracting at all. What does bug me is the shrill tone in Bush's voice. He's verging on shouting sometimes. Just the sound of his voice irritates me, regardless of what he's saying. If I was an undecided voter, I don't know if it would make me think, "wow, this guy has conviction" or "whoah, this guy can't keep a cool head under pressure". It gives me the impression he's on defense all the time, even when he's not.
Georgia
mortadella
mortadella

Postby shady lane on Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:36 pm

shady lane
chipolata
chipolata

Return to Message Board