Ken Bigley RIP

Ken Bigley RIP

Postby dougbrown93 on Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:48 pm

Absolute shame and feel really bad for him and his family as well as the american guys (and the the hostages of other countries we dont hear about) who have been executed by these cowards masquerading under the guise of religion.

Tragic.
Hey Kids You Better Shape Up
Cos The Hits Are Always Gonna Hurt
dougbrown93
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby dougbrown93 on Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:49 pm

and as an aside i hope that fuckwit of an excuse for a scotsman Connelly feels fukin ashamed. Wanker.
Hey Kids You Better Shape Up
Cos The Hits Are Always Gonna Hurt
dougbrown93
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby pisspot on Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:53 pm

Yeah..too horrible to contemplate...poor bloke didn't deserve that...just horrible.
pisspot
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:44 pm

dougbrown93 wrote:and as an aside i hope that fuckwit of an excuse for a scotsman Connelly feels fukin ashamed. Wanker.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched the news tonight!

On 5News Terry Waite said he felt that there was more that the British Govt could've done for Ken Bigley's release. Even the Irish Govt offered to provide him with a passport hoping that Ireland's neutrality would've saved him as Ken Bigley's mother is Irish.

Very sad news.

R.I.P.

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:17 am

Is it just me or does anyone else think 'why the f*ck was he in Iraq in the first place'? He was a 62 yr old engineer who spent a lot of time working in different countries earning a lot of money. He didn't go to Iraq cos he 'had to earn a living'. Both Jack Straw and Tony Blair have said he was out there helping the Iraqi people......bullshit. It wasn't charity, he was there to earn money.

I don't mean to sound unsympathetic, whats happened here is horrible. But, how would you feel if you're father or brother or mate tells you he has chosen to go to work in Iraq next week? Its just not on, is it?

Its really sickening, the whole f*cking situation.

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:27 am

Here here guest! Those going know the risks.

The whole aspect is appallling, but no-one should be out there under such volatile circumstances. Ok trying to make a living or help the people BUT for christs sakes wait until there is some semblance of control.

Still cowardly fuckers though.

Postby siobhan's dad on Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:30 am

Wonder if they'd kidnapped Ewan Blair if the British Govt might have been more interested.

And I really would like to see some TV journo stick a mike in the Big Yin's gob for a reaction from his Royal Connollyness. Lets see, ... "Ah did it cos a wis abused as a child" - aye right, GIRUY ya wank.
If this were the Seine, we'd be very suave;
But it's just the rain, washing down the boulevard.
siobhan's dad
kielbasa
kielbasa

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:53 am

Anonymous wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think 'why the f*ck was he in Iraq in the first place'? He was a 62 yr old engineer who spent a lot of time working in different countries earning a lot of money. He didn't go to Iraq cos he 'had to earn a living'. Both Jack Straw and Tony Blair have said he was out there helping the Iraqi people......bullshit. It wasn't charity, he was there to earn money.

Are you suggesting he was asking for it or deserved it?

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:19 am

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way suggesting that he deserved it and I am not saying that he didn't have a right to be in Iraq if he so wished.

I am basically questioning the 'sanity' of the contractors putting themselves in danger like this for the sake of earning money.

Postby Devotchik on Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:47 am

I remember after Nick Berg was beheaded the news suggested that the reason he went out to Iraq was to become deliberately involved with Al Qaeda after having kept in communication with someone in Iraq. Sorry if I have it wrong. They made it look like Nick Berg was looking for trouble and found it.

Conspiracy theory here, but could there be a possibility that some of these people who are being murdered are operatives? Or being thought as such, and that is why they are being targeted?
Devotchik

Postby deepthroat on Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:59 am

Conspiracy theory here, but could there be a possibility that some of these people who are being murdered are operatives? Or being thought as such, and that is why they are being targeted?

possible but highly improbable. I would imagine that any "operatives" would be from the Arab world.
deepthroat

Postby hmmm on Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:16 am

deepthroat wrote:

possible but highly improbable. I would imagine that any "operatives" would be from the Arab world.

in the guardian today it says:

The men in the videos showing Mr Bigley were members of the Tawhid and Jihad group led by the Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who has a $25m (£13.9m) bounty on his head. It is known that the SAS was involved in the hunt for Zarqawi, who is thought to be a leader of the insurgency.

there could be an implication there...

i feel sorry for the guy, and especially his family, but he wasn't an aid worker.
hmmm

Postby William Wallace on Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:56 am

THe English invented slaughter,be-hedding,hung drawn and quartered ,hanging. He shouldnt have been there in the first place after all
William Wallace

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:05 pm

THe English invented slaughter,be-hedding,hung drawn and quartered ,hanging. He shouldnt have been there in the first place after all

imbecile!

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:58 pm

hmmm wrote:
deepthroat wrote:

in the guardian today it says:

The men in the videos showing Mr Bigley were members of the Tawhid and Jihad group led by the Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who has a $25m (£13.9m) bounty on his head. It is known that the SAS was involved in the hunt for Zarqawi, who is thought to be a leader of the insurgency.

there could be an implication there...

i feel sorry for the guy, and especially his family, but he wasn't an aid worker.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1323498,00.html

Next

Return to Message Board