What is the Best Beer on the Planet?

Postby dogonwheels on Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:25 pm

I'm particularly fond of a Belgian beer called Delirium Tremens. Absolutely delicious and like rocket fuel and it was officially voted "best beer in the world"

Your obsession gets you known throughout the school for being strange, making lifesize models of The Velvet Underground in clay.
dogonwheels
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Nicene Creeder on Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:00 pm

Any cold beer on a warm day at a baseball game. I'm drinking Amstel Light right now. Beer and just about anything.

Go Sox!
LAter

NC
Nicene Creeder
andouillette
andouillette

Postby spittin feathers on Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:16 am

dogonwheels wrote:I'm particularly fond of a Belgian beer called Delirium Tremens. Absolutely delicious and like rocket fuel and it was officially voted "best beer in the world"

Where can one buy this saintly beverage?
spittin feathers

Postby dogonwheels on Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:41 am

spittin feathers wrote:
dogonwheels wrote:I'm particularly fond of a Belgian beer called Delirium Tremens. Absolutely delicious and like rocket fuel and it was officially voted "best beer in the world"

Where can one buy this saintly beverage?

Selfridges and probably other department stores that have a decent selection of beers and wines definitely sell it. Shops like oddbins should sell it. I haven't seen it in a supermarket yet. The odd bar that has a good selection of foreign bottled beers usually sell it and it comes with its own glass usually and I've had it at beer festivals where they sell bottled beers. Its not that rare and is quite easy to get hold of. It is delicious but packs a mighty 9% wallop.

Any of these bars should have it if any are in your area. I particularly recommend Bar Fringe if anyone is ever in Manchester.

http://www.belgianbeerguide.co.uk/uk.html
Your obsession gets you known throughout the school for being strange, making lifesize models of The Velvet Underground in clay.
dogonwheels
andouillette
andouillette

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:29 am

spittin feathers wrote:Where can one buy this saintly beverage?

Peckham's the posh deli/offie is probably your best bet. I've bought it in there before. Try the 750ml bottle of Chimay Blue as well.

http://www.peckhams.co.uk/
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby jodyq on Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:51 pm

heineken

Staropramen

warsteiner

amstel

coors light :oops:
With the right kind of eyes,you can almost see the high watermark-the place where the wave broke and rolled back.
jodyq
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby themanwithsalthair on Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:16 pm

dogonwheels wrote: I particularly recommend Bar Fringe if anyone is ever in Manchester

Thank you, I'll give it a try.
Donkeys are like you and me;
They like to love and
swim in the sea.
themanwithsalthair
andouillette
andouillette

Postby DELBOY on Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:41 am

Get yourself a nice piece of cheese and some of this nectar from Safeway! Strong but delicious. Also available on draft in Tennents, Byres Road. :wink:
IF YOU THINK YOU'RE COOL AND YOU AIN'T NO FOOL DO THE CHICKEN CHICKEN DANCE WITH THE CLYDESMEN!

DELBOY
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Guest on Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:10 pm

tenents lager. :o

Postby john on Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:13 pm

My fave at the moment is the Lowenbrau that they are selling at the Outhouse in Edinburgh.
john
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Sonia on Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:26 pm

I'm quite curious about the new beer with caffeine. It could be a winner! I've always thought it was odd - coffee is served at places where you sit and talk (coffee houses), beer at a place where you're supposed to be active and bouncing around (clubs). Maybe this will be the best of both worlds.

Anheuser-Busch announced that it has a new beer: B-to-the-E, or BE. It combines beer with caffeine, guarana, and ginseng, along with blackberry, cherry, and raspberry aromas for what the company calls "a lightly sweet and tart taste." The beer is in response to flavored liquor drinks, which have been seeing more market growth.

According to Bob Lachky, Anheuser-Busch's VP of brand management:

Distilled spirits are definitely in the background of this decision. Sweeter flavors have definitely made an impact on 21- to 35-year-olds. ... It's a bigger part of the alcohol-drinking spectrum.

The beer giant plans on rolling the beer out during the next year, pending formal government approval. Price has not been identified, but is expected to be more than the typical price of a beer. The drink will be packaged in smaller 10 oz. cans and will have 6.6% alcohol by volume.
Sonia
currywurst
currywurst

Postby beers2u on Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:01 am

Free, of course. If I'm paying, my fav is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Yum.
beers2u
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Rubber_Ring on Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:27 am

Cuvée de Ciney brune.
A very classy one.

At the pub it's Grolsch.
Rubber_Ring
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby kathryn S on Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:27 pm

My current favorite is the Belgian beer, Floris Appel Whitbier, it's the most incredible beer I have ever tasted, here's a description

Floris Appel Witbier is brewed from 60% barley, 38% unmalted wheat, and 2% oatmeal. Hops are gentle Brewer's Gold from Belgium, and crushed coriander seeds and Curacao orange peel are added during the brew for a complex spiciness. During maturation, the brewers add fresh apple juice and the result is a sensation: spice, fresh apple bouquet, a tart backbone, just enough hops for balance, and the smooth body of a wheat beer.

For people in Chicago, it's available at Hopleaf on Clark St. in Andersonville.
kathryn S
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:13 pm

Kroneberg! the king of kings.

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board