Total votes : 36

Postby Maui on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:09 am

i've listened to some songs this saturday :o
Maui Image
Maui
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby stuart r on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:19 am

What a fortunate position to be in. Far better to 'discover' an old band and have the whole back catalogue to indulge in than hear an album by a new band and then have to wait 2 years for the disappointing follow up.

I was dragged kicking and screaming to see TFC in Wolverhampton a few years ago, I really didn't want to go, I'd been put off by a stupid NME cover in the early 90s (I think Norman had his trousers down!) and I never gave them a chance. That NME cover had made me think they were part of the Pop Will Eat Itself, Wonder Stuff thing that I didn't like. Anyway, suffice to say the gig changed my mind about them. See them live first, then start buying the records.

......and don't listen to people who tell you Thirteen is no good.

Tattybye
stuart r

Postby Namni Nytram on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:25 am

stuart r wrote:What a fortunate position to be in. Far better to 'discover' an old band and have the whole back catalogue to indulge in than hear an album by a new band and then have to wait 2 years for the disappointing follow up.

......and don't listen to people who tell you Thirteen is no good.

Tattybye

indeed... i only discovered them about 3 years or so back, with howdy & then a top leeds festival show. TFC arrived in my life at the same time that the strokes, white stripes etc were getting famous - i know which i prefer. and the man's right about thirteen, it's a great album...
"between here and that old car it's 25 paces. make them"

http://www.thisisnottv.co.uk
Namni Nytram
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:46 am

13 is bland, TFC-lite. Never liked it.

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:51 am

Anonymous wrote:13 is bland, TFC-lite. Never liked it.

The flat and muddy sound mix doesn't help much either.
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Namni Nytram on Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:53 am

bah. it's up there with bandwagonesque, though obviously neither of them are all the way up there with grand prix / howdy. fair enough comment about the mix, but there's some cracking songs on there.
"between here and that old car it's 25 paces. make them"

http://www.thisisnottv.co.uk
Namni Nytram
andouillette
andouillette

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:01 am

Namni Nytram wrote:bah. it's up there with bandwagonesque, though obviously neither of them are all the way up there with grand prix / howdy. fair enough comment about the mix, but there's some cracking songs on there.

Oops, my above comment makes it look like I agree with the Guesty, which is wrong. There's plenty of gems on 13, it just feels like you've got to peer through the mirky mix to find them.
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby valtteri3 on Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:05 pm

i think the "flat and muddy" mix is one of the charms of thirteen. i love thirteen.
valtteri3
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Mick on Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:38 pm

Thirteen will always be my favourite as it was the first album of theirs i heard and led me to the others
I said, young man, when you are short on your paste
Mick
chipolata
chipolata

Postby tut tut on Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:37 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Don't get Howdy till last. When you've heard all the others you might be able to forgive the middle-aged-spread album.

age-ist!

wanker!!
tut tut

Postby pervo on Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:51 pm

i could go for weeks without even a sniff of, erm, fannies. :cry:

some weeks though, I get to take out a hard stiff one, slide it in and twiddle the knobs for a bit until it makes me feel good. :D
pervo

Postby Tom Bickley on Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:16 pm

I have all their albums, though I rarely listen to them these days - can't remember the last time I did, in fact. This is normal, surely?
Tom Bickley

Postby Paul M on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:56 am

I listen roughly every 10 days or so. I usually go for Howdy or GP or 13. If I have a lot of albums by a band I tend to listen to their most recent effort most often.
Paul M
hot dog
hot dog

Previous

Return to Message Board