92%
No.
3%
On occassion.
6%

Total votes : 36

Who listens to the Fannies here?

Postby gerald on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:30 pm

This isn't a flame but a pondering on my behalf, regarding who else who signed up to the forum is also in my position.

I don't listen to the Fannies and as far as I know have only ever heard Mellow Doubt and a handful of their other songs.

I was just tipped off that it was a good message board (which it most certainly is) and was a good way to hear about free gigs and stuff in Glasgow (which it also is).

Turns out it has turned me on to a lot of other good music, has allowed me to slag various stuff off and has put me in touch with some like minded folks. The odd thing is though that I still don't know any more fannies tunes.

Am I A) a berk, B) making a pointless post, C) offending everyone, D) who cares?

I have made a poll in the name of research- if I have set it up right...

... and if anyone wants to suggest Fannies albums I can get a Fopp for a fiver worth listening to then please do.
Sometimes there is nothing left to say except, "oh".
gerald
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Namni Nytram on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:41 pm

if you're here for music recommendatins, then there isn't a better one than teenage fanclub. get all their albums. really. (except maybe the king...)

grand prix is probably the place to start. or bandwagonesque if your tastes veer towards the loud (howdy or songs from northern britain if quietness is your thing). mostly available pretty cheap on ebay or occasionally in the shops.

enjoy listening to them all for the first time, i'm sure most of us envy you that privilege.
"between here and that old car it's 25 paces. make them"

http://www.thisisnottv.co.uk
Namni Nytram
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:42 pm

i don't even like music.
i heard this place was good for a fight. :x

Postby pisspot on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:52 pm

Hey Gerald,
the compilation: Four Thousand Seven Hundred and Sixty Seconds: A Short Cut To Teenage Fanclub Alternative is a good way to see if you'll like the band. Also if they (ever) tour again it's well worth the ticket price to see them playing live as they are astonishingly good.

:)
pisspot
chipolata
chipolata

Postby bithead on Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:31 pm

Hey Gerald

you're living in Glasgow and haven't heard fannies much. I guess you're missing a great part of your town artists. I envy you that you're so close to them. :wink: never mind reason why to joined this BBS, as you said here is many topics going on just like we chat in daily life. if we talk only about fannies, it'll be bored.(like stieve vai board before?)

anyway, like Namni said. as for music recommendatins, I also recommend 4766 album for start. not sure it a fiver in FOPP. but worth to get for sure.

did you like Mellow Doubt then?
Youth is not a time of life, it's a state of mind.

http://teenagefanclub.jugem.cc/
bithead
currywurst
currywurst

Postby dougbrown93 on Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:34 pm

History shows all are welcome here.

You SHOULD own every piece of plastic this band makes though

Keep on keeping on dudester.
Hey Kids You Better Shape Up
Cos The Hits Are Always Gonna Hurt
dougbrown93
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:05 pm

I voted "Yes" rather than "On occasion". Does this means I listen to them even while sleeping?
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:58 pm

You SHOULD own every piece of plastic this band makes though

Plastic? Cheeky cunt.

I think Gerald would be most welcome..cheeky cunts like dougbrown should be barred.

Postby Jimmer on Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:19 pm

Whats the difference between "yes" and "on occasion"?

If I say yes does that mean I listen to them constantly and have never heard another band?

Either way I'm going yes.
Unless I'm hugely mistaken Jo Wiley is, actually, satan.
Jimmer
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Puzzled?? on Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:58 pm

What or who the fuck is The Fannies??
Puzzled??

Postby Ponyboy on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:24 pm

Hi Gerald,

you could no bother getting any & just wait till next time they play the Barras.
Then you'd want to buy ALL their CDs the next day! :wink:
Stay Gold
Ponyboy
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:50 pm

Don't get Howdy till last. When you've heard all the others you might be able to forgive the middle-aged-spread album.

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:Don't get Howdy till last. When you've heard all the others you might be able to forgive the middle-aged-spread album.

age-ist!

Postby dogonwheels on Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:54 pm

Get them all you wont regret it. Start with Grand Prix,Bandwagonesque and Songs From Northern Britain by which time you should be hooked. You should be able to get them for a fiver each at most. You'll have to get the compilation also just to get the three new tracks which are ace.
Your obsession gets you known throughout the school for being strange, making lifesize models of The Velvet Underground in clay.
dogonwheels
andouillette
andouillette

Postby john on Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:26 am

a cool question....

i dont listen to TFC everyday but one of their albums gets a spins pretty much every week.
john
pepperoni
pepperoni

Next

Return to Message Board