how boring is football bigotry?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:29 pm

very boring
78%
very boring
22%

Total votes : 18

Postby brendan o'h on Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Anonymous wrote:It goes without saying that bigotry is bad and boring, but I have to say that I can't recall seeing any real bigotry on this messageboard.....i mean REAL bigotry. I dont' read every post here, so I could be wrong.

I mean, celtic fans slagging Alex McLeish or Rangers fans laughing at Celtic losing in the champions league isn't bigotted.

I think what you're getting at Brendan is that the incessant tit for tat posts from both sides here is getting boring?....I agree with that.

ok it's maybe not fully fledged bigotry....but bigotry-lite is just as boring!
:)
brendan o'h

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:20 pm

brendan o'h wrote:ok it's maybe not fully fledged bigotry....but bigotry-lite is just as boring!

if pressed, would you say that you find the rangers fans posts more boring than the posts by celtic fans? :D

Postby jodyq on Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:40 pm

It's a bit more complicated and sinister than that. Something to do with a dark and backward land across the sea. Still boring though.[/quote]

dark and backward-- you seriously cant see how describing Ireland as such while referring to a GLASWEGIAN/SCOTTISH problem is totally idiotic? :shock:

Yes we have the same shite over here but its symptomatic of a greater problem--your supposedly enlightened cosmopolitan city should have no such excuses.

Then again its the land of Glass and Winning, the stoic presbyterianism.... so I shouldnt be surprised.....
With the right kind of eyes,you can almost see the high watermark-the place where the wave broke and rolled back.
jodyq
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby BotanyBhoy on Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:43 pm

jodyq wrote:It's a bit more complicated and sinister than that. Something to do with a dark and backward land across the sea. Still boring though.

dark and backward-- you seriously cant see how describing Ireland as such while referring to a GLASWEGIAN/SCOTTISH problem is totally idiotic? :shock:

Yes we have the same shite over here but its symptomatic of a greater problem--your supposedly enlightened cosmopolitan city should have no such excuses.

Then again its the land of Glass and Winning, the stoic presbyterianism.... so I shouldnt be surprised.....[/quote]

Well Said!
BotanyBhoy
chipolata
chipolata

Postby brendan o'h on Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:46 pm

Anonymous wrote:
brendan o'h wrote:ok it's maybe not fully fledged bigotry....but bigotry-lite is just as boring!

if pressed, would you say that you find the rangers fans posts more boring than the posts by celtic fans? :D

if pressed (in the right place....say.....grimsby maybe)i normally emit a buzzer style noise reminiscent of the "wrong answer" variety used on family fortunes.

......i find both types of post equally boring.
brendan o'h

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:28 pm

[joke] the only thing i detest more than football bigotry is rangers. [/joke]

Postby Anorak on Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:22 am

Anonymous wrote:
Anorak wrote:I'm a shandy drinking southerner, and was in a pub in Paisley years ago.
a couple of Neds asked me if I supported Celtic or Rangers :shock:

Yeah, I legged it pronto !!!!

However what should I have said in Paisley ?

st mirren

Legging it was the right thing to do then !!!!!!!! :lol:
I am angry I am ill, and I'm as ugly as sin.......
my irritability keeps me alive - I'm kicking
Anorak
chipolata
chipolata

Previous

Return to Message Board