Poll ended at Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:29 pm

very boring
78%
very boring
22%

Total votes : 18

how boring is football bigotry?

Postby brendan o'h on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:29 pm

just how boring is the old firm rivalry?
brendan o'h

Postby the modernists on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:34 pm

I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY there with you Brendan. That is why I don't leave any comment on those sorts of threads.

General talk about football is cool, but when it becomes biggotted that's a whole new ball game (excuse the pun!).
the modernists
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Hobo The J on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:36 pm

can I vote twice?

I only get involved in a strictly ironic way... :oops:
Hobo The J
chipolata
chipolata

Postby brendan o'h on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:37 pm

the modernists wrote:I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY there with you Brendan. That is why I don't leave any comment on those sorts of threads.

General talk about football is cool, but when it becomes biggotted that's a whole new ball game (excuse the pun!).

thank god....
it's this sort of shit that puts me off football.
brendan o'h

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:46 pm

agreed. the football 'banter' on here is becoming a real bringdown. meathead stuff that especially those of us who grew up in the west of scotland can do without. notice participants also take part on threads like 'how fit is the bird in ash!'. really, really looking forward to tonight's game but all this rangers baiting is pathetic. let's move on. please.

Postby Trumpetwool on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:46 pm

brendan o'h wrote:
thank god....

Couldn't you say that about sports in general, or does this especially apply to football, 'er soccer in my parts of the globe?
God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties.
Trumpetwool
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Confused bigot on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:47 pm

Both options are the same... :?
Confused bigot

Postby Osama Bin Laden on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:51 pm

i think its quality. and its very healthy , and its better than being racist against white people!
Osama Bin Laden

Postby Grammar Man on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:56 pm

I think its quality. and its very healthy , and its better than being racist against white people!

Apostrophes?
Grammar Man

Postby Namni Nytram on Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:56 pm

pretty damn boring. you'd think people living in a big cosmopolitan city like glasgow, with all the amazing music it produces and the whole cultural revolution it's gone through in recent years, would find something better to do than anonymously abuse each other on the basis of footballing preference.

though obviously i hate morecambe fans with a passion :roll:
"between here and that old car it's 25 paces. make them"

http://www.thisisnottv.co.uk
Namni Nytram
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:05 pm

Namni Nytram wrote:pretty damn boring. you'd think people living in a big cosmopolitan city like glasgow, with all the amazing music it produces and the whole cultural revolution it's gone through in recent years, would find something better to do than anonymously abuse each other on the basis of footballing preference.

though obviously i hate morecambe fans with a passion :roll:

It's a bit more complicated and sinister than that. Something to do with a dark and backward land across the sea. Still boring though.

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:14 pm

arran's got cars. and telephones. we'll have none of this kind of talk.

:o

Postby brendan o'h on Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:14 pm

Trumpetwool wrote:
brendan o'h wrote:
thank god....

Couldn't you say that about sports in general, or does this especially apply to football, 'er soccer in my parts of the globe?

it's only really applicable to contact sports involving a ball methinks (certainly in this part of the world)

shame really.
brendan o'h

Postby brendan o'h on Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:arran's got cars. and telephones. we'll have none of this kind of talk.

:o

:lol: :lol: :lol:
brendan o'h

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:35 pm

the football bigotry/windup seems to be the most popular thread brendan.. going by the counts thing :o . but I agree with you lad. bigotry is boring.. and not very nice. especialy when they're slagging of alex mclieshs ginger disposition. he cant help it.

Next

Return to Message Board