Vote for Bandwagonesque songs

what is your fave track of Bandwagonesque?

1.The Concept
26%
2.Satan
No votes
3.December
5%
4.What You Do to Me
5%
5.I Don't Know
4%
6.Star Sign
19%
7.Metal Baby
4%
8.Pet Rock
No votes
9.Sidewinder
2%
10.Alcoholiday
35%

Total votes : 57

Postby bithead on Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:22 pm

CMS wrote:This is entirely a tough exercise! Bandwagonesque is one of those records with so many great songs (shoot, the weakest tracks are great songs), so much personality, so rich ... still, I had to go with "The Concept" for it's perfect melody, tremendous hook, and the fact that when it is played you KNOW it's Teenage Fanclub, you KNOW it's "The Concept" (that opening feedback noise, into the guitar strum, into "She wears denim..." - shoot, that's one brilliant moment in rock n roll history!).

CMS

wow! can't agree more, it's exactly what I think. it's a classic morment and probably one of the best 1st tune of the album. I think also this is the reason why fannies put this tune for the 1st again on 4766 album.
Youth is not a time of life, it's a state of mind.

http://teenagefanclub.jugem.cc/
bithead
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Art Vandalay on Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:31 pm

man - is this still on the go?
As i reigned blows upon his head i realized there must be another way! A festivus for the rest of us!
Art Vandalay
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:34 pm

voting for guiding star, thank you.

Postby JOHN S on Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:41 pm

It's got to be 'The Concept' for me and I just love the video single they did! :D :D :D
JOHN S
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Sonia on Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:54 pm

It was a tough choice but I went with I Don't Know. It's just got that edge to it that I love from that period in the band's catalogue. Catch me on another day though and my answer could be completely different. Metal Baby always brings a smile because Norman dedicated it to me (well, actually to my Pastelism badge) when I saw them on tour in '92 in Florida. He made some reference to Aggie but I didn't really catch it. The biggest sensation I remember from that era is just a raw love of the record - not of "the band" itself. I didn't really know their names, their history, that they were nice guys, who played what, who sang what. I just loved the record in that wide-eyed way that you do when something hits you as being great and special. After the show (I went alone - couldn't get friends to go - skipped another friend's wedding to attend) I was leaving and they actually stopped ME to say hi and talk about the Pastels, etc. Very cool! I remember Norman talking about Nirvana liking them/possibly working with them and saying, "You're so much better than Nirvana, you should be producing them!" or something along those lines. Fun times... fun memories.
Sonia
currywurst
currywurst

Postby valtteri3 on Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:17 pm

i totally agree with georgia. to me bandwagonesque is like a movie. the concept kinda sets the scene and is this music is the most beautiful closing theme. between them there are emotional highs and lows and funny scenes and stuff...
uh, can't really put this into words, bandwagonesque is the greatest album ever and it would be the best movie ever if it was a movie.
anyways, right now i would choose
ALCOHOLIDAY.
it would be some other tune some other day.
gotta go and listen to bandwagonesque. got so excited about it now that it was mentioned :D
valtteri3
currywurst
currywurst

Postby Beatleboy on Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:21 pm

The Concept does it for me every time.
However Guiding Star is a very close second. A hidden gem
AAAAHHHH Rock on George, one more time for Ringo
Beatleboy
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Rhoobarb on Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:15 pm

I was stuck between Starsign and Alcoholiday, but went for Starsign. Tough choice.
Rhoobarb
hot dog
hot dog

Postby antaris on Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:00 am

Sonia wrote:It was a tough choice but I went with I Don't Know. It's just got that edge to it that I love from that period in the band's catalogue. Catch me on another day though and my answer could be completely different. Metal Baby always brings a smile because Norman dedicated it to me (well, actually to my Pastelism badge) when I saw them on tour in '92 in Florida. He made some reference to Aggie but I didn't really catch it. The biggest sensation I remember from that era is just a raw love of the record - not of "the band" itself. I didn't really know their names, their history, that they were nice guys, who played what, who sang what. I just loved the record in that wide-eyed way that you do when something hits you as being great and special. After the show (I went alone - couldn't get friends to go - skipped another friend's wedding to attend) I was leaving and they actually stopped ME to say hi and talk about the Pastels, etc. Very cool! I remember Norman talking about Nirvana liking them/possibly working with them and saying, "You're so much better than Nirvana, you should be producing them!" or something along those lines. Fun times... fun memories.

you say it so well sonia.
Sometimes Sam says yes, and sometimes Sam says no. Which will it be today?
antaris
hot dog
hot dog

Postby satan on Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:22 am

Ahhh...no votes for me...your mothers all suck cokes in the hall.. :twisted:
satan

Postby clubFan on Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:02 am

Sonia wrote:It was a tough choice but I went with I Don't Know. It's just got that edge to it that I love from that period in the band's catalogue. Catch me on another day though and my answer could be completely different.

Totally. :wink:
clubFan
currywurst
currywurst

Postby beat on Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:23 am

I went for Star Sign because it was the first song by TFC that I've heard and it is still one of my favourite tracks. :D beat
The one thing that would make the world alright today would be if Teenage Fanclub showed up to play a gig in my house.

http://www.myspace.com/beatkoenig
beat
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby paris on Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:56 am

I went to see Teenage Fanclub in London at the ULU just before I get the lp, maybe Bandwagonesque would be released in the next weeks. It was a great night, I was proudly wearing my (green and gold) Pastelism badge, ask Norman to sign my FOTP book (and after the show Kevin from My Bloody Valentine!). The show was incredible, I didn't know the songs but they all sound like classics, like I always knew them. It's the first time and maybe the only concert I feel that. I remember walking alone throught London at one am, feeling full of love for everyone, coming back to my hotel near Portobello.
my favourite : starsign, what you do to me, the concept.
paris

Postby WearsDenim on Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:37 am

Alcoholiday.

an unbelivably good song.
Just kick my feet off the ground, I'll embrace the sky
WearsDenim
chorizo
chorizo

Postby dougbrown93 on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:52 am

Sonia wrote: The biggest sensation I remember from that era is just a raw love of the record - not of "the band" itself. I didn't really know their names, their history, that they were nice guys, who played what, who sang what. I just loved the record in that wide-eyed way that you do when something hits you as being great and special.

I can relate to this SO much. Nicely put Sonia.

Ahh its gotta be The Concept for reasons already mentioned. Absolutely classic.
What You Do To Me was my first love though :D
Hey Kids You Better Shape Up
Cos The Hits Are Always Gonna Hurt
dougbrown93
pepperoni
pepperoni

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board