33%
Right Handed
53%
Ambidextrous
13%

Total votes : 15

Happy Left Handed Day

Postby aly on Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:20 am

Today, in a particulalry apt way is Left Handed Day. So which hand do you use. National average is about 3 in 10 are left handed. This ratio jumps when sampling gay people suggesting the genes that control left or right may be linked to the genes that control sexual preference. Same goes with artistic genes.
Mficha uchi hazai - one who hides his private parts will never have a child
aly
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Namni Nytram on Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:27 am

i'm left handed, but i play guitar right handed, and i play golf equally badly either way.
"between here and that old car it's 25 paces. make them"

http://www.thisisnottv.co.uk
Namni Nytram
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Ponyboy on Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:28 am

Namni Nytram wrote:i'm left handed, but i play guitar right handed, and i play golf equally badly either way.

Whoah! that's freaky! Me too! :shock:
Stay Gold
Ponyboy
mortadella
mortadella

Postby siobhan's dad on Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:28 am

I write with my right hand.

Play darts / tennis / badminton, right handed (I can also play racquet sports left handed).

Play pool / snooker / cricket / softball / baseball / golf, left handed.

Throw baseballs / footballs left handed.

So I am "mixed" handed.
If this were the Seine, we'd be very suave;
But it's just the rain, washing down the boulevard.
siobhan's dad
kielbasa
kielbasa

Postby Handy Andy on Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:59 am

I eat with my left hand. I shovel it all in, and then lick my fingers. I like to creep up behind people and cover their eyes with my hand and say "guess who" in a strange voice. If I use my left hand they guess it's me, but my right hand always gets people. I squeeze toothpaste with my left hand but brush with my right hand. When I tie my laces I always use one hand, because my right hand is too powerful, and snaps the laces. I serve with my left hand, then throw the racket to my right hand, in a slow aphex twist movement, to whack returns out of sight. In French the word for paper clip is trombone!
Handy Andy

Postby ally on Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:17 am

left handers are also statistically more likely to get involved in accidents. when i was young i had lots of them, from ripping my ear on a tree branch to having a rake fall on my head :?
ally
hot dog
hot dog

Postby Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:34 am

i'm right-handed and fell over the handlebars of my grifter. never been on a bike since.

Postby jodyq on Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:11 pm

its an upside down world, but I find you really dont notice it after youve been conditioned to the righthanded world?

e.g. writing in file pads, books, CHEQUE BOOKS :evil: etc. and finding the left side hard to do.Only realised this a few years back when the inconvenience was pointed out to me! really must order a leftie cheque book!
With the right kind of eyes,you can almost see the high watermark-the place where the wave broke and rolled back.
jodyq
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby DEL.BOY on Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:44 am

Ponyboy wrote:
Namni Nytram wrote:i'm left handed, but i play guitar right handed, and i play golf equally badly either way.

Whoah! that's freaky! Me too! :shock:

ME TOO! I've got a double sided putter and use it according to the slope of the green I'm on. Another thing that's a pain in the arse/hand is right handed sissors which most lefties don't even realise until you try a pair of left-handed ones! Got to agree with jodyq about the cheque books, especially when you're coming to the end of a book and you're leaning on a pile of stubs!
DEL.BOY

Return to Message Board