Registered users only?

Given the increasing frequency of spamming Guest attacks, should the message board be moved to registered users only?

Yes, I've had enough of Guests
36%
Yes, but just because of the spam
17%
No
47%

Total votes : 36

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:
BC, sorry to be cheeky and that, but I was just wondering who appointed you to your lofty position? Was there an interview, do you have qualifications?

Up until last week's spamming, you seemed to be doing a decent job. I await your future innovations with much anticipation...

No need to be sarcastic...nitwit!

Wahey, I've got my own wee board stalker. Come here and give yer da a big kiss...
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:04 pm

Wahey, I've got my own wee board stalker. Come here and give yer da a big kiss...

Nitwit!

Postby First Paul on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Nitwit!

A stalker straight from the 80's.. just what you need TFD :shock:
First Paul
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:12 pm

A stalker straight from the 80's.. just what you need TFD

Keep out of this...doofus!

Postby First Paul on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:15 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Nice one ya Wally :lol:
First Paul
mortadella
mortadella

Postby Wooden Handle on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:21 pm

nitwit and doofus - not words you see too often on the internet these days. or wally.
that's a 10/4 mother goose I've got a rubber duck up my tailpipe and i'm whistlin dixie
Wooden Handle
chipolata
chipolata

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:28 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Could it possibly be Gripper Stebson?
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:28 pm

tomfoolery's dad wrote:
board consultant wrote:out of the 100s of registered members, 27 have so far chosen to vote on this hot topic. in itself, that's surely a good argument for 'no'. the tfc board is fast moving and funny, and often completely rubbish. without guests, bc thinks it would be too cozy and over-familiar. bc doesn't want to feel that his elaborate strategic planning is only for the benefit of 27 people, one of whom is bc. bc can forsee his own redundancy in all of this shabby downsizing. no.

BC, sorry to be cheeky and that, but I was just wondering who appointed you to your lofty position? Was there an interview, do you have qualifications?

Up until last week's spamming, you seemed to be doing a decent job. I await your future innovations with much anticipation...

my dear tfd,

i'm sorry i'm not at liberty to disclose the information you request. but let me assure you that i have qualifications (university of life ect) and that a 'process' took place.

maybe you feel that as some kind of self-styled trouble-shooting it whizz-kid, it's only a matter of time before the tfc board comes calling on your expertise. at the moment we'd really like to see you focus your energies on submitting a team for this year's ffl.

thanks for your interest in my future innovations.

yours,
bc

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:32 pm

tomfoolery's dad wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Could it possibly be Gripper Stebson?

i bet it's your son, the boy.

he's obviously not comfortable swearing when his old man is present.

Postby tomtom on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:35 pm

"Nitwit! For most people their IP address changes each time they connect to the internet. I'm sure most guests wouldn't mind disconnecting and connecting to overcome your master plan!"

indeed they do, what is known as dynamic IPs but if you have a somewhat more then rudimentry knowledge of routers/firewalls etc and maybe a CISCO qualification then there is a lot you can find out. i myself have none of this but like a lot of people i know a man who does.
" SUCKIN' DIESEL, SUCKIN' DIESEL "
tomtom
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby siobhan's dad on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:36 pm

tomtom wrote:"Nitwit! For most people their IP address changes each time they connect to the internet. I'm sure most guests wouldn't mind disconnecting and connecting to overcome your master plan!"

indeed they do, what is known as dynamic IPs but if you have a somewhat more then rudimentry knowledge of routers/firewalls etc and maybe a CISCO qualification then there is a lot you can find out. i myself have none of this but like a lot of people i know a man who does.

Plus that Russian satellite you got second hand from Enron.
If this were the Seine, we'd be very suave;
But it's just the rain, washing down the boulevard.
siobhan's dad
kielbasa
kielbasa

Postby tomtom on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:38 pm

siobhan's dad wrote:
tomtom wrote:"Nitwit! For most people their IP address changes each time they connect to the internet. I'm sure most guests wouldn't mind disconnecting and connecting to overcome your master plan!"

Plus that Russian satellite you got second hand from Enron.

:D
" SUCKIN' DIESEL, SUCKIN' DIESEL "
tomtom
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:48 pm

board consultant wrote:
my dear tfd,

i'm sorry i'm not at liberty to disclose the information you request. but let me assure you that i have qualifications (university of life ect) and that a 'process' took place.

maybe you feel that as some kind of self-styled trouble-shooting it whizz-kid, it's only a matter of time before the tfc board comes calling on your expertise. at the moment we'd really like to see you focus your energies on submitting a team for this year's ffl.

thanks for your interest in my future innovations.

yours,
bc

Thanks for the somewhat enlightening reply.

No need to worry about me usurping you from the BC post. I see myself as a particularly "hands off" consultant, happy to fire in daft suggestions but making sure that I contribute to as little of the hard work as possible.
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby muso-man on Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:53 pm

Hrm...I voted YES! I've had enough of guests, cause of the proctalga caused by that wee erse - but that was BEFORE I realised that lots of you post here as GUESTS for fun and sport etc.

So I want to change my vote to NO!

But cannae find a button to do it.

So do the math yersel with the outcome.

Hrm...speech over...
:roll:
muso-man
andouillette
andouillette

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:15 pm

Could it possibly be Gripper Stebson>

Less of the lip...gimboid!

PreviousNext