Registered users only?

Given the increasing frequency of spamming Guest attacks, should the message board be moved to registered users only?

Yes, I've had enough of Guests
36%
Yes, but just because of the spam
17%
No
47%

Total votes : 36

Postby clubFan on Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:02 pm

captain_america wrote:Yes, but just because of the spam

I have to agree.
clubFan
currywurst
currywurst

Postby aly on Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:23 pm

I said no cos it usually isn't a problem. Don't really understand what the current thing is about but hey I have a new album to look forward to.
Mficha uchi hazai - one who hides his private parts will never have a child
aly
andouillette
andouillette

Postby bithead on Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:52 pm

forgot to say I voted to NO.

we can't throw a whole orange just because of one bad orange, can we?
Youth is not a time of life, it's a state of mind.

http://teenagefanclub.jugem.cc/
bithead
currywurst
currywurst

Postby i hate scotland on Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:12 pm

bithead wrote:forgot to say I voted to NO.

we can't throw a whole orange just because of one bad orange, can we?

Well said :D The guests are normally quite funny inoffensive; there's only so long one prick can go on long for.
When you're tired, and there's nothing in your head
When you're tired, and feel like going to bed,
Write what you're thinking, and you'll find,
You've left a special message behind.
i hate scotland
chorizo
chorizo

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:24 pm

Nice analogy, Bithead. It's a shame that one "anonymous" idiot can have such an effect. Thankfully Norman seems to have nipped it in the bud.

Interesting that no-one who voted for the first option has owned up!
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:13 pm

yeah, those villanous wretches the dotgang, will dry up hopefuly and their malevolence will pass. but alas.. I will probably curtail my own guest activities, having found how perishingly tiresome guests can be in reading through the recent dot nourished activities, which I fear I am a tad(probably a large chunk) to blame, by fanning the embers with my comments..tis hard to command one's passions when faced with such a noxious pixie and his loathsome jobbery. Good on Norman and the lads and their commendable stance which allows guests to post on the site. it reflects what a fine, egalatarian bunch of the first water they are. I for one will no longer take advantage of this heady freedom and will refrain from dipping my nib in guest ink....eh.. to the same extent..and will show far more respect in this gentelmanly freedom given to all visitors by such thumping good blokes. may I add that I am greatly looking forward to the forthcoming record .. Here's to the splendid teenage fanclub and all who sail in her. ching ching.

Postby WearsDenim on Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:59 am

Anonymous wrote:yeah but we all know your name..dont we dot?

I dont....
Just kick my feet off the ground, I'll embrace the sky
WearsDenim
chorizo
chorizo

Postby weeeddiemcludgie on Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:35 am

heh heh heh

i voted no

this pish hus been gaun on fur years, even on the old board it wis aw the pappa nonsense,and we've had the guest debate fur ages aw the guest we now think ur muckers used to be wanks and now everybudy up in arms about this dot.

I've missed all this ,i have to say i've been too busy lying nudy on lovely tropical beaches down under and when i do inspect the board its to rant inanley at you - ma kagool wearing,alfala eating brethren and no to worry about some fuckin dot.

SD are you bald! :shock: I always imagine you to look like yer avater.ho hum.
weeeddiemcludgie
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby siobhan's dad on Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:37 am

weeeddiemcludgie wrote:SD are you bald! :shock: I always imagine you to look like yer avater.ho hum.

Well you could say I wear my hair short I suppose. :wink:
If this were the Seine, we'd be very suave;
But it's just the rain, washing down the boulevard.
siobhan's dad
kielbasa
kielbasa

Postby weeeddiemcludgie on Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:44 am

you certainly have the widom of one who wears his hair short like Bhudda.

on yersel sd i'm away back to holidaing.Its 7.45 here in Mission Beach and thir interweb isnae cheap.
weeeddiemcludgie
pepperoni
pepperoni

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:51 pm

tomfoolery's dad wrote:
Namni Nytram wrote:as i've said before, i'd place a limit on the frequency unregistered users can post - once every two or three minutes

A cool feature would be the ability for Registered users to "vote" and block certain Guests' IP addresses. I'm sure no such feature exists in PHP, but it would be nice.

Obviously this would be a short-term solution as a new IP can be issued simply.

Enough science fiction...

Nitwit! For most people their IP address changes each time they connect to the internet. I'm sure most guests wouldn't mind disconnecting and connecting to overcome your master plan!

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:53 pm

Anonymous wrote:
tomfoolery's dad wrote:
Namni Nytram wrote:as i've said before, i'd place a limit on the frequency unregistered users can post - once every two or three minutes

A cool feature would be the ability for Registered users to "vote" and block certain Guests' IP addresses. I'm sure no such feature exists in PHP, but it would be nice.

Obviously this would be a short-term solution as a new IP can be issued simply.

Enough science fiction...

Nitwit! For most people their IP address changes each time they connect to the internet. I'm sure most guests wouldn't mind disconnecting and connecting to overcome your master plan!

Be more observant, rude Guesty...
The best way to waste time is to fill it. If you can read this, congratulations on your Légion d'Honneur.Image
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby board consultant on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:34 pm

out of the 100s of registered members, 27 have so far chosen to vote on this hot topic. in itself, that's surely a good argument for 'no'. the tfc board is fast moving and funny, and often completely rubbish. without guests, bc thinks it would be too cozy and over-familiar. bc doesn't want to feel that his elaborate strategic planning is only for the benefit of 27 people, one of whom is bc. bc can forsee his own redundancy in all of this shabby downsizing. no.
board consultant
chipolata
chipolata

Postby tomfoolery's dad on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:44 pm

board consultant wrote:out of the 100s of registered members, 27 have so far chosen to vote on this hot topic. in itself, that's surely a good argument for 'no'. the tfc board is fast moving and funny, and often completely rubbish. without guests, bc thinks it would be too cozy and over-familiar. bc doesn't want to feel that his elaborate strategic planning is only for the benefit of 27 people, one of whom is bc. bc can forsee his own redundancy in all of this shabby downsizing. no.

BC, sorry to be cheeky and that, but I was just wondering who appointed you to your lofty position? Was there an interview, do you have qualifications?

Up until last week's spamming, you seemed to be doing a decent job. I await your future innovations with much anticipation...
tomfoolery's dad
Lorne Sausage
Lorne Sausage

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:49 pm

BC, sorry to be cheeky and that, but I was just wondering who appointed you to your lofty position? Was there an interview, do you have qualifications?

Up until last week's spamming, you seemed to be doing a decent job. I await your future innovations with much anticipation...

No need to be sarcastic...nitwit!

PreviousNext

Return to Message Board