100%
Cat Stevens?
No votes
James Taylor?
No votes

Total votes : 5

You're So Vain..

Postby Devotchik on Fri May 07, 2004 5:30 pm

I think it's about Warren Beatty.. and apparently she as never revealed who the song is about prefering to state that its a composite of three men. 2003 she auctioned off her secret for charity and made the winner sign a confidentiality clause but the guy who won the bidding said that the only clue she would allow him to say was that the guy in the song had the letter E in his name..

So, who do you think Carly Simon's song is all about?
Devotchik

Postby gobbledygeek on Fri May 07, 2004 8:01 pm

"You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain
I bet you think this song is about you
Don't you, don't you"

I never really understood this part. I mean, the song IS about me so I'm not really being vain, I'm just being accurate.
In a hundred years you and I will both be dead.
gobbledygeek
chipolata
chipolata

Postby Guest on Fri May 07, 2004 8:07 pm

A track from the same album The Right Thing To Do is the track I'd most love to hear the Fanclub cover. Alex Chilton sent me a tape of a home recording he did of the song and it is beautiful BUT if I had to make a list of things I want to do before I die on that list would be hearing Norman sing lead on a TFC version. This might sound like an exageration but it's NOT ...I'm being fucking serious here. :!:
I REALLY WANT TO HEAR THAT.

Postby duglas on Fri May 07, 2004 8:09 pm

Anonymous wrote:A track from the same album The Right Thing To Do is the track I'd most love to hear the Fanclub cover. Alex Chilton sent me a tape of a home recording he did of the song and it is beautiful BUT if I had to make a list of things I want to do before I die on that list would be hearing Norman sing lead on a TFC version. This might sound like an exageration but it's NOT ...I'm being fucking serious here. :!:
I REALLY WANT TO HEAR THAT.

That was me saying that.
DUGLAS
duglas
currywurst
currywurst

Return to Message Board